Norton Protection Blog
Norton Protection Blog

Displaying articles for: August 2008

Hi, I'm Kunal Karandikar a Manager on Symantec’s Consumer Products Engineering team and I wanted to provide an in-depth look at Norton Insight, one of the most exciting new features of our upcoming 2009 products Read more...

One MILLION websites compromised

by on ‎08-28-2008 10:15 AM - last edited on ‎08-28-2008 11:59 AM by Administrator

Cascadia Graph - j harrisonIn the old days, practicing “safe Internet” meant staying in the good online neighborhoods so you didn’t get infected. Today, almost any website you visit could be a landmine leading you to having your system compromised. Read more...

How Easy is it to Steal an Identity?

by on ‎08-22-2008 11:57 AM - last edited on ‎01-19-2009 04:03 PM by

I was surfing the web tonight and I came across an article on Scientific American. The author asked some friends for permission to break into their bank accounts and then went to work trying to steal their identity. The ease at which he was able to do so is startling Read more...

The Shoemaker’s Children

by GUEST_BLOGGER on ‎08-21-2008 04:28 PM - last edited on ‎08-21-2008 04:32 PM by

Robin Raskin blog postAuthor, speaker, advocate and former Yahoo! columnist Robin Raskin stops by the Norton Protection Blog to share a personal story about why you should always backup your computer…and never trust the hood of your car in a pinch. Read more...

Introducing Norton Labs

by on ‎08-20-2008 04:11 PM - last edited on ‎08-20-2008 05:09 PM by

Laura's Norton Labs post Today, the Norton team is excited to introduce Norton Labs, an online community where users can download new security technologies and share input directly with developers-- ultimately helping to shape our future products and features. Read more...