Norton Protection Blog
Norton Protection Blog

Displaying articles for: September 2010

What's driving Norton Power Eraser?

by ‎09-15-2010 01:58 PM - edited ‎09-15-2010 09:56 PM

Symantec Maximum Repair (SMR) is a brand new security engine that drives our new Norton Power Eraser recovery tool. It combines aggressive heuristics and advanced removal capabilities to combat the newest and toughest threats. I thought I would share with you some of the background on why we developed this new engine.

Read more...

Norton Browser Protection: Protecting you from web attacks

by ‎09-15-2010 01:18 PM - edited ‎09-15-2010 03:09 PM

Consider how much time you spend surfing the web each day. I bet it’s a lot more that it was five years ago. As more and more of our activities migrate into cyberspace, we find ourselves increasingly relying on a web browser to surf sites, to shop, to pay our bills and to interact socially. This has unfortunately created a new opportunity for cybercriminals.

Read more...

What’s new in Norton 2011

by ‎09-08-2010 01:24 AM - edited ‎09-08-2010 01:24 AM

We are very excited to release Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus 2011. After undergoing months of Beta testing, getting feedback from our enthusiastic Norton community and incorporating much of that feedback, we are finally releasing what we think are our best products to date. Here's an overview of the key features and tools in the product which has just become publicly available today.

Read more...

Computer held hostage? Try Norton Power Eraser

by ‎09-08-2010 12:18 AM - edited ‎09-16-2010 04:55 PM

Many consumers still do not use antivirus software, or they use software that is not updated or effective. As a result, their systems can become infected with malware that is extremely difficult to remove. Worse, malware authors routinely attempt to evade or disable security programs. Many will prevent these programs from even installing. For all these reasons, users who end up with an infected computer often need more aggressive techniques to handle detection and remediation. Enter the all new, free and available-to-anyone Norton Power Eraser...

Read more...