Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Fellwalker
Accepted Solution

How do I link my Norton Tablet Security from PCWorld to my main Norton Account?

I bought a Nexus 7 and with it came a very cheap offer for Norton Tablet Security. However, it had to be downloaded from the PC World site, not the Play store. I have activated it using the code given, but it has not sought my email or asked if I already have a Norton Account.

The box and instructions are Norton's own. The instructions for how to install it are on the Norton site.

I have been able to log in to Norton Management via my Norton Account on my PC, and by activating Anti-theft on my tablet, it shows in the list of computers that are protected, BUT ONLY FOR ANTI THEFT.  Then it shows that i have 0 (zero) days remaining on my subscription (on the tablet I have 326 days).

Does it matter that it shows as nil days left in the subscription?  Is there any way in which I can link them? What would happen if I bought Norton One that includes tablet security?

Also, if I try to go to https://antitheft.norton.com/ to view where my tablet is, it either does nothing or takes more than 10 minutes for the web page to show. I've tried this on two different PCs in three different browsers, all supposedly supported.

NB The link goes to https://antitheft.norton.com/login_ssologin.action?displang=iso3:eng&displocale=iso3:USA whereas I am in the UK.

Chrome eventually gives a timeout message.

smithy

Re: How do I link my Norton Tablet Security from PCWorld to my main Norton Account?

Hi Fellwalker

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums. :smileyhappy:

From what you have posted it seems  like you have a retail version of

Norton Tablet Security. The retail version does not need to be registered

or  linked to a Norton Account. When installing and activating with the

product key  it simply registers the license and device with the Symantec

Norton Servers, so that license will always be linked to the device even after

a hard reset.

The free Norton Anti-Theft plugin for NTS is a little different where it will

show in Norton Management because it needs to link to a Norton Account

to activate and register on the Android device.

Do not worry about the subscription showing zero days as Nortons free

Anti-Theft Plugin will be active for the remaining days left on your NTS

subscription.

There is no way that i know of to link the retail version of NTS to your Norton

Account. If NTS was purchased from the Norton Online Store being directly from

Norton that would be a different story as it will show in your Norton Account

as a product.

And when the Android security part of of Norton 1 or Norton 360 Multi-Device

being Norton Mobile Security is installed this will allow the device to be seen in

Norton Management. It will simply be one of the 5 available installs that Norton

1 and N360M-D users are entitled to install on Mac, PC and Android.

As for the NAT website Control Panel i cannot help with why you are having issues

as i just tried to log in to the NAT website and got directed to the Norton Mobile Security

websites Control Panel.

Perhaps it is just a temporary server issue that you are seeing and will resolve

it's self soon, try logging on from time to time to see if it gets any better.

Hope that info helps and keep us posted on how you go.

Cheers. :smileywink:

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”

smithy

Re: How do I link my Norton Tablet Security from PCWorld to my main Norton Account?

Hi Fellwalker

Just tried logging into the NAT Web Control Panel and all seems to

be fine now here . :smileyhappy:

Might have clicked on the wrong link in the Norton Apps drop down

menu.:smileyembarrassed:

Hope you have had better luck with logging into the NAT Web UI.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”

Visitor
Fellwalker

[ Edited ]

Today, my tablet advised me of an update to Norton Tablet Security. It downloaded that, and then asked me to link it to my existing account.  Now it shows up when I log in to my Norton Account.  Someone must have been listening!

BUT, that broke the Norton Anti Theft, which I had to uninstall - I have now seen a later posting that explains this upgrade to within Norton Security.

On my tablet, if I go to https://antitheft.norton.com/find then it finds where my Nexus7 is. But if I go to the same page on my computer, it says my Nexus7 is offline.  After another 5 minutes, by which time my tablet has turned itself off and gone to sleep, the PC has located the tablet.

smithy

[ Edited ]

Hi Fellwalker

It sounds like you have had a successful update from Norton Tablet Security

to Norton Mobile Security 3.0 which no longer requires the Norton Anti-Theft

Plugin which you have removed, and no longer requires you to access the

Norton Anti-Theft website anymore, and also registers the product in your

Norton Account which is great. :smileyhappy:

Now to use the remote location feature for Norton Mobile Security 3.0 you have

to use the NMS website from this link or URL-   https://mobilesecurity.norton.com/

Once logged in there with your Norton Account details select the device to

manage then you will have access to all of the NMS 3.0 web based Anti-Theft

remote features. :-)

As for the speed of locating your device, i guess it is good news that it does

eventually locate the device.;-)