Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
ankhazam

Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.1 - Norton Tablet Security and Norton Anti-Theft lacking important features

[ Edited ]

Renewing this topic:

I got my Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.1.

I went to get the NTS-121.apk, installed it and...

1. it looks like total crap, did not scale at all even though it is a 1280x800 display. Everything is oversized and unusable
  2. trying to install the Anti theft plugin I got the information in Play.google that it is not compatible with my device..

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mikolaj Dobski

Contributor
ankhazam

Re: Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.1 - Norton Tablet Security and Norton Anti-Theft lacking important feat

Sorry for double posting but I cannot edit the previous message.

I think I tracked the issue. The Nexus 7 has 213 DPI density and a... phone UI interface.

The NTS is optimized for under 160 DPI when ICS/JB swaps into tablet UI mode.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Re: Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.1 - Norton Tablet Security and Norton Anti-Theft lacking important feat

You're probably right.  Do you have a screenshot that you could post?  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Contributor
ankhazam

Screenshot on demand213_DPI_on_Nexus_7.png

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Thanks.  I'll pass this along to the team to look at getting it fixed.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Contributor
ankhazam

Any updates on these issues?

I could probably root my device and switch it to Tablet UI permanently and that would probably fix the issues...

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

The team's looking into it, but so far no date as to when this would be fixed.  If you have a temporary work around that might be best for now.

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
pgrover516

same problem here with my nexus 7, please post an update if there is a solution, in the meanwhile I will be seeking a refund as I can not adjust any settings in current situation. It's a shame as I am a loyal Norton user and hate to go elsewhere.

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Unfortunately companies don't send out devices to test on before release which can lead to issues like this.  The team is looking at how best do correct this, but it will take some time.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Contributor
ankhazam

Hi Erik,

from what I understand for the time being or even as a permanent and fairly easy to implement fix is too use the 'hacks' described in this thread and coded into NTS: XDA dev density patch / tablet UI That way around it allow the current NTS  scale properly on the screen.