Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Rilke

Nook Tablet

Is the Norton Tablet Security available for the Nook Tablet?

Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

Re: Nook Tablet

If you're talking about the one that uses Android 2.3, NTS would technically function.  You would need to have access to the Android Market in order to be able to install the Norton AntiTheft plugin.  There's no reason why it shouldn't work, but I don't believe that is an officially supported tablet.  You could always get NTS and get a refund if it does not. I hope this helps.

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Atomic_Blast
Kudos: 219
Solutions: 39

Hi Erik:

Quick question...

When will a fully functional trial of NTS be available that someone could use to validate the product

on a tablet instead of going through the hassle of a refund if it doesn't pan out?

Atomic_Blast :)

"Every day is just another increment on the bell curve of life."
Symantec Employee
erik_carlstrom

The team is looking at a trial version in the near future.  I don't have a date to provide, but I can say that they are looking into providing one.  

Erik
Product Manager
Symantec Corporation
Regular Contributor
Nanaha

There is an APP for M Secure, you can search for it on your Nook Tablet. I have not downloaded it yet but lots of peoples did and the like it. If I remember right the price was about $5.-

NanaHA

Isabella8688

[ Edited ]

Rilke wrote:

Is the Norton Tablet Security available for the Nook Tablet?

I don't understand question

[Edit: Removed advertisement to conform with the Participation Guidelines & Terms of Service]

Super Worm Eliminator
Andmike

Hi Isabella8688.

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry for the delay in responding but the Mods had to remove what looked like an advertising link from the bottom of your post.  (Hint to posters - don't make your posts look like advertising!)

To answer your question which was "I don't understand question"

While Norton Tablet Security is designed to be run on Android Tablets and in the Nook is an Android based device, it appears designed to be less open than the normal Android device and it was unclear if the user could get direct access to the Android Marketplace (now called Google Play).  Consequently it was not clear if it would work on the device.

I hope that helps.  If you would like any further information please feel free to come back.