11-29-2011 05:52 AM
I am having a problem with Norton Tablet Security & Samsung 10.1 Galaxy tab, the gui for Norton signin does not work(the screen is messed up, unable to enter password after userid), unable to buy the product to download onto the tablet. ANy help will be appreciated. I already have a regular Norton account for PCs. Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-29-2011 07:17 AM
I'm a little confused. Norton Tablet Security doesn't use your Norton Account. Could you provide a screenshot?
11-29-2011 07:42 AM
The way I was trying to buy this product was as follows :
1. On my samsung tablet I browsed for Norton web site
2. Then I tried to signin using Norton website, so that I could purchase the product (tablet security)
3. When I clicked on Signin, the pop up for User id (aka email ) and password was messed up, the password field would not accepts the password.
4. Then i tried to buy the product by putting it in the shopping basket, the site again asked me to create an account and the fields were not accepting the input.
5. The signin has previously worked on my PC when I renew my 360
6. I will see if I can capture a screen shot and email it.
11-29-2011 07:50 AM
A 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab has a screenshot button.
So, the problem you are experiencing isn't a problem with Norton Tablet Security, but with the purchase experience on the online store. Keep in mind you do not need to order the product from your tablet. You can order it from your PC and then complete the download and activation process on yoru PC.
11-29-2011 08:38 AM
Yes, I am unable to buy the product. The reason I cannot use the PC to buy this, as I need this to be downloaded onto my tablet which has no connectivity (depends on OTA via Wi-FI). So I figured, I could buy and install in one shot.
I will try the sceen shot and see if it can capture the screen.
11-29-2011 08:41 AM
The order does not need to be completed on the tablet in order for the download to occur. Unlike the PC products, you will not have a download manager button show up in your completed order. I would recommend you place the order on your PC and then perform the download and activation on your tablet after the order is completed.
11-30-2011 04:55 AM
I was able to buy the product, however the license server does not accept the the key provided by Norton. Keep saying it is invalid. The product downloaded onto my tablet, with a 3 day grace period. The support center is swamped. Not sure if the procurement has been tested for tablets.
11-30-2011 08:53 AM
Could you send me a private message with your order number and product key? I'll have someone take a look for you.