Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bluemont

Symantec Mobile Security enrollment not working

I just purchased and installed on my Galaxy Tablet. To enroll it asks me for the Server address/ Port. 

Does this mean my comuputer address where I have the wifi installed? the wifi port ??? Not sure? I have tried a number of different ones and it will not accept.

Is there somewhere on the tablet I can find it's IP address?  Sorry to be so dumb:catsad:

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Re: Symantec Mobile Security enrollment not working

Hi Bluemont.

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums. :smileyhappy:

Sorry for the delay in response but you have me puzzled.  You have posted in the Norton Tablet Security forum (possibly because you have a tablet) but you refer to Symantec Mobile Security by which I assume you mean Norton Mobile Security which has a different forum.  Which product are you using and which version?

As " for the Server address/ Port" I have never seen this.  Is this when you try and log in to mobilesecurity.norton.com?  If so how are you connecting to the internet?  A good WiFi connection that also allows you to connect to say Google Play should work without asking such questions.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Contributor
paintbetty

i am having the same issue on my android device - it will not let me enroll until i enter the server address [:Port]

Contributor
paintbetty

this app asks for alot of permissions. the erasing all data is worrysome

Contributor
paintbetty

the server address worked, thank you. But it is not recognizing my user nasme and password. I have retyped in a few times and know I am entering it correctly. This is preventing me from activation the app on my phone. please advise why it will not recognize my user name/pw. thanks!

Contributor
paintbetty

i am now unable to uninstall this app - called Norton mobile security - anyone know how to get around that? I would like to uninstall it and reinstall. currently the "uninstall" and "force stop" buttins are both greyed out. thanks!

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Hello paintbetty.

You have made several posts and it is obvious that things have moved on since you started, so I wonder if it might help if you stated exactly where you are now.  What device are you using, what operating system, what Norton product and if you are still having problems with your password, where are you having these problems and how did you register your password in the first place?

Sorry about all the questions but it is difficult to know how best to help without having a reasonable understanding of the start position.  :smileywink: