Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Heco
Topics: 21
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

Re: FireFox 12

Thanks David Thomas for you wise reply!

Serious mode OFF: I'm French but i try to treat this matter seriously! LOL
Serious mode ON: To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection. - Jerry Pournelle
DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

your welcome Heco

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,684
Solutions: 759

[ Edited ]

If I had 8 PCs, and each had a different version of Firefox, beginning with FF4 and ending with FF11, would I be able to tell which Firefox was installed on which machine?  I have been using Firefox since RC1, and it used to be pretty exciting when Mozilla would release the latest and the greatest.  But these newer releases are more inconvenient that anything else.  I really don't understand the allure of an early installation at the risk of whacking the Norton Toolbar and possibly having to reinstall both Firefox and Norton to get it back.  I might not feel that way if the newest version was not indistinguishable from the previous one each time.

Regular Contributor
gibby95

[ Edited ]

Firefox 12 is out.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

Its release channel and it is the legit edition.

It isnt an unknown version it is the full 12 version.

People you can even check it FileHippo is legit

Check it out its the real deal end of :smileyvery-happy:

Check the Comments Too my point is proven

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/comments/

Firefox is always out before the download date but only certain companies get it

i always get it first from filehippo

DavidThomas88

gibby95 no its not lol

DavidThomas88

when firefox 12 is post on this site  then it be comes live wish will be APR 24

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

DavidThomas88

firefox 12 is NOT officially released  yet  and it wont be released in tell the APR 24th

Super Contributor
Tryer

A  few download sites always offer Firefox upgrades before Mozilla do. True that it will usually be the final version but I always think this is 'jumpung the gun'. When Mozilla is ready, they will put the new version on their own download page. Until it is, there, I don't think the term  'released' applies. Only when it appears on Mozilla's own official front download page can it be said to be 'released' in my opinion. I just checked and the current version is Firefox 11.

When Firefox 12 reaches Mozilla's official download page, it then reasonable to expect Norton to support it, perhaps after a short time allowance.

Spam Squasher
silverhawk

i have also updated to version 12 and norton toolbar isn't there ! Waiting for Symantec update.

Genuine Windows 8.1 x64 Pro; NIS 2014; HP Pavallion G6 Notebook with AMD Core 2 Quad A10; 6 GB RAM; ; 1TB Western Digital HDD, AMD Radeon 2.5 GB Graphics Card
Symantec Employee
Sagar_S

Hi Harve,

You can wait till the official released of Norton which is compitiable to FF12.

With the past releases it should work soon as and when it is released to marked offcially by mozilla.

Regards,

Sagar Seelam