Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Heco
Topics: 21
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

Re: FireFox 12

Thanks Sagar!

That's what i'll do.

Best regards,

Herve

Serious mode OFF: I'm French but i try to treat this matter seriously! LOL
Serious mode ON: To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection. - Jerry Pournelle
PhoneMan
Topics: 18
Kudos: 130
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 13

Norton just released NIS 19.7.0.9 through live update and the toolbar works in FF 12. Mozilla always releases the final version on their ftp site the weekend before the official release. This is a final test to see if anyone has any problems. They have a couple occasions recalled that version because of problems.

FF 12

Jim

DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

am all so happy too report that filehopp  now has the real deal of firefox   when you 1st open the page  you wont see your running an unknown verson of fire that you see hoory your now runing the lasts verson

so go a head down lode firefox from  filehopp

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

all so norton toolbar works

Contributor
flyingguy

I have Firefox 12 and NIS version 19.7.1.5 and the Norton toolbar is not present if I select VIEW, toolbars in Firefox. If I go to the Firefox site the Norton toolbar not offered.

Same problem I had with previous Firefox updates.

Any suggestions?  I am Windows 7, 64 bit.

Flying Guy (an American working and living in Malaysia)

dickevans

flyingguy wrote:

I have Firefox 12 and NIS version 19.7.1.5 and the Norton toolbar is not present if I select VIEW, toolbars in Firefox. If I go to the Firefox site the Norton toolbar not offered.

Same problem I had with previous Firefox updates.

Any suggestions?  I am Windows 7, 64 bit.

Flying Guy (an American working and living in Malaysia)

Hi,

Open FF, click on the FF tab, click on add-ons, enable the Norton Toolbar and norton Vulnerability Protection extensions

Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
flyingguy

Thanks for the reply, Dick but as I tried to indicate, I did go to the Firefox Addons but the Norton tool bar not offered. VERY frustrating!

Ugh!

Bruce

dickevans

flyingguy wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Dick but as I tried to indicate, I did go to the Firefox Addons but the Norton tool bar not offered. VERY frustrating!

Ugh!

Bruce

Bruce,

Sorry, I'm not reading correctly. Which program was installed first? Suggestion - uninstall that one, reboot and reinstall, reboot again ans let us know what happens.

Sorry for the misstep

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
flyingguy

I have been busy with my work since my last post here have been looking up and  putting in passwords by hand. I did remove and reload Firefox 12 but that didn't make the Norton toolbar available or ID safe working. Next I installed Norton 360 to see if ID Safe would work with Firefox 12 but no luck.

Next I contacted Norton online support (case 03463906) on chat and asked them to help. They operated my computer remotely and THEY removed Firefox 12 and reinstalled it as I watched but no luck with them either. they couldn't get the Norton Tooler to install.

The Norton toolbar IS available in IE on my computer, just not Firefox but I really don't use IE.  I just have it on my computer.

Today I was notifed that Firefox 13 now availabel so crossed my fingers and installed it but Norton tool bar still not available to me.  I am really frustrated. I use ID Safe all the time and miss it dearly.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

[ Edited ]

flyingguy,

Did you install Firefox before updating NIS/NAV?  In future,  please wait until you receive a product update from Norton before installing the latest Firefox.

Dave.

Contributor
flyingguy

Fair enough, except that NIS seems to update itself almost every day. So how do I know when an update comes out that is compatable with the latest firefox?

Sorry if I sound like I am whining. I am feeling really sorry for myself on this issue.

Finally, how to fix the problem now?