Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
longcaster

GOOGLE CHROME and NORTON 360

I notice things like "Identity Safe" containing all my website log-ins & passwords does not jump up (in Chrome) and say; "let me fill in those blanks" when I open a tab for a site like it does in INTERNET EXPLORER.

I think when I do disc maintenance & file cleanup web browsing history (in Chrome) is erased. (but I am not sure)

With INTERNET EXPLORER running so slow when I surf the web I am using CHROME more & more.

Is Symantec/Norton 360 going to up their game so all the handy features available in IE will be available in CHROME & other browsers?

yank
Kudos: 2,154
Solutions: 501

Re: GOOGLE CHROME and NORTON 360

Hi longcaster,

ID safe is available in CHROME as long as you are using the latest version of N 360.

From the main page of N 360, Click on Support and then About and tell us what version of N 360 you have on your system.

Regular Contributor
longcaster

I have not been here in a while and see there is a new forum all about toolbars & ID safe.

My version is 5.2.1.3

yank
Kudos: 2,154
Solutions: 501

[ Edited ]

longcaster wrote:

I have not been here in a while and see there is a new forum all about toolbars & ID safe.

My version is 5.2.1.3

Okay, I beleive version 6.2.0.9 is the latest version of N 360. 

You need to open your Norton Account via the main page of NIS, sign in and then click on the Update box.  That should take you to the Norton Update Center and you can update to Version 6 from there.  Once updated, please verify the version number again.  The ID Safe function/Norton Toolbar are not available in CHROME until you update to version 6.

Yes there is a new board - but you'll be ok here for the time being as you are still working on N 360.

Let us know how you make out.

<edit> Looks like the boss has a different feeling about where this thread should be located - and I am not about to question him!   <edit>

Regular Contributor
longcaster

Ok, now I have version 6.2.0.9 loaded.

Now I have a toolbar in Chrome that includes Identity Safe. That is great and very usefull.

But it has come with a problem in my Email program OUTLOOK.

What I have been using for several years in now changed in appearance and function.

There used to be a portion of the OUTLOOK screen that showed some of the email content, that is gone.

Also OUTLOOK is now locking up and not responding when I try and click on a new unopened email.

How do I un-do or fix what happened to my email program?

Regular Contributor
longcaster

It looks like updating N360 to  v6 knocked out my email viewing pane in OUTLOOK.

I got that fixed.