Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
mike_kline

How to remove my College websites from the blocked list?

Hello,

I have been getting reports from students/staff that are using Norton anti-virus products that our websites are being blocked due to 'malicious activity' (Norton 360 on the most recent calls). 

Main sites to college:

www.okanagan.bc.ca (HTTP)

https://my.okanagan.bc.ca

They are having issue accessing those... and sites that are single-sing-on portals to other sites/pages.

I do not have/run Norton Anti-virus on my systems so cannot verify/see the issue/message. 

Waiting on a chat queue as well to see why our sites are being blocked and how to remove them.  Not blocked on other AV.  Only happening this month.

Chat is started now. May get resolution to issue/questions via that.

DistEd2
Kudos: 413
Solutions: 81

Re: How to remove my College websites from the blocked list?

Hi, mike_kline; welcome to our community!

Let us know if you haven't been able to find a way forward. There's a website for reporting false positives, but that's focused on developers of software that might be incorrectly getting flagged as malicious; not sure that would be the right place but it's at least a place for us to start if your chat session wasn't able to identify a more promising solution.

I wrote a chapter for a Distance Learning text once whose website was blocked by my own college because the service they used had that entire hosting company's IP range flagged for...ahem...explicit content" --so I sympathize!

V/R,

--DistEd2

Super Worm Eliminator
Andmike

Re: How to remove my College websites from the blocked list?

Hi mike_kline.

If the Chat session is inconclusive you may like to log on to the Norton Safe Web site and enter your web address there.  If I do that I currently see that it gets a big red cross and a warning of a phishing attack being found.  However just under the red cross warning on the left is a link "Site Owner, Click Here".  You might like to try that.

Good luck.