Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Contributor
django
Accepted Solution

IE 10 & norton toolbar

[ Edited ]

About an hour ago I downloaded IE10 and so far no more web site crashes with the toolbar on and/or vault open.. If I switch back to chrome the crashes start again, intrestingly if I go to a web site from sites imported from IE they will work okay but again not always..  I will try to use IE10 for a few more hours and report back how its going.   I'm on windows 7 pro, NIS 2013 with the lastest updates..  Also IE10 seems much faster than 9.  Talk to ya later

Win7pro64bit, NIS2014,21.20.38, firefox28.0.,super anti-spyware,chrome 33.0.1750.154N
Super Contributor
cohbraz

Re: IE 10 & norton toolbar

What kind of crashes are you getting when using Chrome? Is it the Norton toolbar that is crashing, or the browser freezing?

Corey
Super Contributor
django

[ Edited ]

it was the browser freezing, could not scroll if the web site came up at all.. somtimes I would get just a white screen but if I clicked on it I might get a result,  It was like playing pin the tail on the donkey, LOL, If I would shut down the norton toolbar the sites would jump right on..

Win7pro64bit, NIS2014,21.20.38, firefox28.0.,super anti-spyware,chrome 33.0.1750.154N
Super Contributor
cohbraz

django wrote:

it was the browser freezing, could not scroll if the web site came up at all.. somtimes I would get just a white screen but if I clicked on it I might get a result,  It was like playing pin the tail on the donkey, LOL, If I would shut down the norton toolbar the sites would jump right on..

Follow the steps below and it will fix you right up for Chrome.

1) Open Chrome and type "about:plugins" in the address bar.
2) When the plugins page opens, click Details in the upper right side fo the page.
3) Near the top of the page will be 2 files for Adobe Flash Player.
4) Find the file with the location that ends in Pepper Flash or pepflashplayer.dll.
5) Click Disable for this file and restart the Chrome browser.
6) Go to: get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and download the latest version of Flash Player.
7) Once it installs, restart Chrome.

Corey
Super Contributor
django

OK , cohbraz, now I have both browsers working as they should.  Downloading IE10 fixed IE and your suggestion fixed chrome. Thank you

jgreneau

Just got a new laptop for Christmas running Windows 8 and the Identity Safe freezes up my Enternet Explorer when Vault is Open. Close the Vault and it works just fine. Its really frustrating, I have seen various forums with people having this same issue.