Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr
Accepted Solution

Identity Safe "Settings" (free version)

I have the free version on a laptop. Everytime I try to go to settings IE9 kinda flickers as if it's going to come up but nothing happens. Then the Norton toolbar freezes up. I then can't get into my logins either. It tells me "unavailable. Browser restart needed". No matter how many times I restart it it never comes back. I have to restart the PC to get back into my logins. Does the settings work on the free one? You'd think it would but I have never been able to get there. Can anyone point me in the direction of a "good" password program? I know a little about lastpass but I also heard they got hacked.

id safe error.png

peterweb
Kudos: 1,442
Solutions: 360

Re: Identity Safe "Settings" (free version)

Do you have another browser you can try? Firefox, or Chrome.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr

I just tried Chrome and it does the same thing.

Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr

[ Edited ]

I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and still the same. I've had nothing but problems with this program. I like Norton...I have N360 on three other PC's. But this one seems to be a joke. I'm really hoping for a solution.

yank
Kudos: 2,229
Solutions: 510

Hi mb40sr,

The free version (as you probably know) can not be installed on a system with N360 already installed on, however I will assume you have it installed on another system without N 360, have you created a separate (addtional) Norton Account that you are using for this version of ID Safe?  Just a wild guess that may be the problem.  You must have a Norton Account ties to the free ID Safe on line vault.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying.  I have had many questons about the free ID Safe on a "non-Norton product system" and I have been told it will work ith a "new/different Norton Account" - as if different from your N 360 account.

i hope this makes sense - of not hopefully someon else can add more info.

Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr

There is no other Norton product on this PC.

I am using an online vault for all my PC's. It signs in just fine and I can edit logins as well. It's just the "settings" part I can't get into. I want to set the time for it to log off to 15 minutes like the other PC's that have N360.

mp3jo
Topics: 269
Kudos: 100
Solutions: 113

Settings work with the free vsn too.

I'd uninstall and re-install ID Safe free - with browser closed during installation.

Cheers,
Jo

Graduate of the WTT Classroom

Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr

Nope didn't work either.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,442
Solutions: 360

Just a thought. Have you checked in the browser's Manage Add ons to make sure the Toolbar and Protection are enabled?

I have not used the standalone product, so I'm not sure what Add ons are involved with it.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Super Keylogger Crusher
mb40sr

yea I made sure of that.