Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
jamason56

Identity Safe - set a default fill order?

I'm using the latest version of NIS (ps - please bring back the desktop gadget). I have multiple logins for several sites. I'd like to be able to set the default login for each site. Is there a way I can do this? I've searched around, but no luck. Thanks, John
Phishing Phryer
avjohnnie

Re: Identity Safe - set a default fill order?

[ Edited ]

jamason56 wrote:
I'm using the latest version of NIS (ps - please bring back the desktop gadget). I have multiple logins for several sites. I'd like to be able to set the default login for each site. Is there a way I can do this? I've searched around, but no luck. Thanks, John

Nope...

My workaround for this was to uncheck the Auto-fill and Auto-submit options (in the Details Box) on each of the logins for the common site...

Auto-Fill.png

That way when I visit the site it waits for me to pick (by clicking the "Fill Login" button on the login popup bar) and select the login that I want to use.

For example,  I have 3 different logins for the following site.  When I go to it, the login bar pops up and waits for my selection...

ExampleLogin.png

And I agree with you that a "Set as default" check-box would be a nice option for this.

As for Symantec's decision to eliminate the Desktop Gadget...

Back in July of this year Microsoft issued an official Security Advisory (#2719662) and Knowledge Base Article (#2719662) discussing the danger of Gadgets and the SideBar.

The links for the articles are...

Official Microsoft Advisory #2719662:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2719662

Official Knowledge Base Article #2719662:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662

Kind Regards,

John

Symantec Employee
viveksu

Re: Identity Safe - set a default fill order?

Hi jamason56,

Thanks for your suggestion.

At present we auto fill the most recently used login when you browse to a page which has multiple logins stored in the same  Identity Safe Vault. So whenever you revisit the page your login credentials will be autofilled.