Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Reply
Regular Contributor
berzerk
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎04-14-2011

Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

Some websites are loading incorrectly in Chrome when i have Identity protection enabled, pictures or animations aren't visible unless i tab to a different page then tab back and magically everything is fixed.

i have tested with Internet Explorer and i can't reproduce the same error so its not a problem with my pc.

peterweb
Posts: 8,760
Kudos: 1,365
Solutions: 342
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly


berzerk wrote:

Some websites are loading incorrectly in Chrome when i have Identity protection enabled, pictures or animations aren't visible unless i tab to a different page then tab back and magically everything is fixed.

i have tested with Internet Explorer and i can't reproduce the same error so its not a problem with my pc.


If it works properly in IE, then it seems to be a Chrome issue. Do you have any other add ons for Chrome that you can disable to see if they are affecting things?

 

Have you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available?

 

What Norton product are you using, including version number? Support -  About.

What operating system and service pack are you using?


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Regular Contributor
berzerk
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎04-14-2011

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

[ Edited ]

peterweb wrote:

If it works properly in IE, then it seems to be a Chrome issue. Do you have any other add ons for Chrome that you can disable to see if they are affecting things?

 

yes i have AdBlock but i disabled it and still getting the problem unless i disable indentity safe.

 

Have you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available?

 

yes

 

What Norton product are you using, including version number? Support -  About.

What operating system and service pack are you using?

 

Norton Internet Security, version 19.7.1.5

Windows 7 Home service pack 1

 

peterweb
Posts: 8,760
Kudos: 1,365
Solutions: 342
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

From the main NIS interface, click on Support - Get Support. That will check your Norton installation and fix what it finds.

 

I have not used Chrome, but there have been other issues here. Do you have the latest version of Chrome? That may address issues with Norton.

 

 


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Regular Contributor
berzerk
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎04-14-2011

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly


peterweb wrote:

From the main NIS interface, click on Support - Get Support. That will check your Norton installation and fix what it finds.

 

I have not used Chrome, but there have been other issues here. Do you have the latest version of Chrome? That may address issues with Norton.

 

 


i have the latest version of chrome, i tried the get support link and it said it had fixed 1 issue but i'm still getting the problem:smileysad:

Contributor
CaptBananaPants
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎01-04-2012

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

I have the same problem, and can reproduce it reliably on certain websites. Traileraddict.com - a movie trailer website - is one such site; when I disable the NT/NIS extension, the trailer pages load quickly and correctly, but they won't with the extention enabled - only a top portion of the page loads, then the page freezes until i switch to another tab and then back, when the entire page instantly appears. In fact, if I scroll my mouse wheel on the incomplete page (which doesn't appear to work), then switch to another tab and then back, it will actually render the full page at the location I would have been had the scrolling worked.

 

Here's a link on that site that I used to reproduce the problem multiple times: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-dark-knight-rises/banes-voiceover . http://icanhas.cheezburger.com/ and that family of sites seem to have the problem as well.

 

If I can reproduce the problem by enabling the Norton extension, and then make it disappear by disabling the Norton extention, it isn't a Chrome problem; it's a Norton problem.

Contributor
CaptBananaPants
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎01-04-2012

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

Incidentally, I ran the support tool, and it found no problems with my installation.

Regular Contributor
berzerk
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎04-14-2011

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

[ Edited ]

@CaptBananaPants I'm getting the same loading issue on the link you provided using chrome but it loads fine with firefox.

 

 this is happening on both my computers running identity safe/chrome, so Symantec you need to take a look at identity safe and chrome!

 

 

peterweb
Posts: 8,760
Kudos: 1,365
Solutions: 342
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly


berzerk wrote:

@CaptBananaPants I'm getting the same loading issue on the link you provided using chrome but it loads fine with firefox.

 

 this is happening on both my computers running identity safe/chrome, so Symantec you need to take a look at identity safe and chrome!

 

 


Or maybe Google needs to address this and other issues reported here with their browser.

 

It is not always Norton causing the problems users see.


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
CaptBananaPants
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎01-04-2012

Re: Identity safe causing websites to load incorrectly

[ Edited ]

Peterweb, I respectfully disagree. There is no problem when Norton is not running - therefore the problem, even if it was caused by a recent change to Chrome (and we don't know this to be the case, by the way), is Symantec's to fix. Google isn't responsible for making sure NIS works - Symantec is. 

 

Of course, our arguing about it solves nothing - we need someone from Symantec to respond.