Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
evo
Contributor
evo

Identity safe plug in

Hi all,

having some issues here.  With the lastest release of both Chrome and Firefox, in particular Chrome, both browsers now take an age to load.  Chrome will crash often and I sometimes get a message telling me Norton plug in has failed.  I decided to disable Norton plug in's on both browsers and now they both fly.  No loading issues, no starting issues, so I'm thinking there is a serious issue with the Norton plug in which is somewhat dissapointing as I have regained my faith in Norton prducts recently with their stability.  I'm hoping this is fixed soon.  I'll wait till the next update for the Norton plug in before I reinstate it.

dickevans

Re: Identity safe plug in

Hi,

Which product are you running and is it current? Also have you done a reboot shice the last update/upgrade of your Norton product, either/both of your browsers?

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
cuse165

I have the same issue with Google Chrome( 22.0.1229.94 m) using the latest toolbar. Takes forever to load some pages and a lot of times it will not load at all. I know it is Norton toolbar because I disabled it a lot and no issues at all. Hope they find the issue and fix it.

evo
Contributor
evo

Yes I am running the latest version of Windows 7 (updated last week), I am running the latest version of Norton 360 (rebooted after install) and I am running the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Hope this helps

ps, the issue has only been there in the last couple of weeks and it is definately the Norton add on that is affecting the performance of both browsers

cheers

evo
Contributor
evo

Just finished updating Norton 360 and I can verify that the Norton Tool bar seriously adversely affects Chrome browser and Firefox, with pages taking ages to load and sometimes failing all together.

Contributor
JonPopeIV87

[ Edited ]

I have just re-installed the toolbar and it wouldn't work. So I followed a method to get it working in chrome via this thread and when I do I get a message saying that the extension needs to be updated to "manifest version 2" I think this might have something to do with the Chrome problems.