Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
davidalanbatt

Identity safe problem - cannot access vault

I have replaced my computer due to a hard drive failure on my previous one. Unfortunately, having installed Norton 360 onto my new computer I am unable to access my vault. I get the message:

"no profile found for this Norton user. Please use identity safe set up to create one"

I have uninstalled and re-installed Norton 360 6.2.1.5 but no difference.

I have updated via live update and rebooted until all updates were completed.

Please help!

regards

Paul

dickevans

Re: Identity safe problem - cannot access vault

davidalanbatt wrote:

I have replaced my computer due to a hard drive failure on my previous one. Unfortunately, having installed Norton 360 onto my new computer I am unable to access my vault. I get the message:

"no profile found for this Norton user. Please use identity safe set up to create one"

I have uninstalled and re-installed Norton 360 6.2.1.5 but no difference.

I have updated via live update and rebooted until all updates were completed.

Please help!

regards

Paul

Welcome Paul,

On your new system have you created a new identity safe using the same username and password? Did you save your data before you replaced the hard drive? Were you using the online vault so that you can return to it and sync your new local vault with your existing online vault?

We'll be her when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
davidalanbatt

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your reply.

On your new system have you created a new identity safe using the same username and password?

No, I have reinstalled 360 and logged into my Norton account buy cannot find my old vault. i presumed I would be able to access it from my Norton account using the original login?

Did you save your data before you replaced the hard drive?

I had a hard drive failure so was unable to save data before it failed.

Were you using the online vault so that you can return to it and sync your new local vault with your existing online vault?

Not sure about htis one. 

Thanks again,
Paul
Symantec Employee
albertcwang

Hi Paul,

I'm still unsure of whether you had a local vault or an online vault. If you have an online vault can you go to our portal and try to access your logins?

1) Go here: https://identitysafe.norton.com

2) Click on the 'Sign In' link in the top right hand corner.

3) Log into your Norton Account.

4) Log into your online vault.

If you do have an online vault then all your data should be accessible. If you had a local vault then unfortunately it can only be accessed from your original hard drive.

Regards,

Albert

Visitor
davidalanbatt

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your advice, it looks like I had a local vault :smileysad:. I will retrieve the old drive and mount it ino an external cradle. Should I get it working, in what file would I find my vault information?

Thanks again,

Paul

Symantec Employee
albertcwang

Hi Paul,

The only way for you to retrieve your vault information is if you do an export on your Identity Safe data. If you can do an export of your data you can copy it over to your new hard drive and do an import. If you are not able to export your data I don't know of any other way to 'rebuild' your store Identity Safe data.

Regards,

Albert

Visitor
davidalanbatt

Thanks again Albert.