Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Dcookerly

Identity safe vault password removal/reset Norton 360

I upgraded my Norton 360 and set up the online vault.  All worked fine until today.  Now the identity safe program does not recognize the password.  I have not found any way to reset or remove the password.  It will not let me go back to my local  identity safe.  Also, when I try to set up a new user it says I have an account and puts me back to the password vault password login.  Any ideas on how to reset or get rid of the profile so I can start over?

Phishing Phryer
avjohnnie

Re: Identity safe vault password removal/reset Norton 360

[ Edited ]

This sounds like the same problem the Beta testers had been experiencing for the last few months...

Sorry to hear that it may still be happening.

Here is a link to one of the message threads in the (now closed) beta forum that discusses the issue the testers were seeing:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360-2013-Norton-Internet/Cannot-log-into-Norton-account-with-N...

yank
Kudos: 2,146
Solutions: 501

Hi Dcookerly,

Are you logged into your Norton Account?  You must be logged into your Norton Account prior to being able to log into your Online Vault.  Also remember, if you are already logged into your Norton Account, normally the password for the Online vault must be a stronger password.

A screenshot of what you are seeing when logging in (as shown in the thread avjohnnie referenced would help.

How did you upgrade your N 360?  A clean install (remove old version andinstall new version) or an over install?  You may have done away with your Local Vault if you clean installed.

Visitor
Dcookerly

Thanks, but logging into my account was not the problem.  I was able to find a vault password reset so I did that and I can now get into the vault

Just have to input all the info over again-what a pain!  Thanks again

Visitor
Dcookerly

Thank you!  The clean install did wipe everything out but I did find a reset for the vault password.  Just have to input all the info again.

yank
Kudos: 2,146
Solutions: 501

Hi Dcookerly,

I suggest once you get it all set up again and your logins entered, you login/open your vault, select settings > and Export your ID Safe Data to a folder and that way if anything similar shoulod reoccur, you have a "backup" of your data that you can Import , rather than starting all over again.

FWIW, I make it a habit of Exporting my data every week or so - just in case. 

Visitor
Dcookerly

Thank you very much!!  I wasn't aware that you could save the data.  Great function to know!

honeypi

I have norton 360 premier and I am unable to access identity safe vault. It remains locked despite feeding correct password. It happened after I clean reinstalled norton. On feeding correct password it shows opening/syncing for hours together. Is there anyway I can reset/open vault.

Doctor9fan
Topics: 15
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 3

Same here yesterday using NIS 2013 (upgraded from 2012), could login on my old Vista with the same password (using the free password manager) but on my W7 it said I had the wrong password, I tried logging out & logging back into Norton but the result was the same, I had to continue entering the information until it allowed me to reset the password.

Virginia/Doctor9fan.
Windows 8.1 64bit, Kindle Fire HD, iPhone 5s.