Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
hjfcfo1

Is there any way to reinstall the plug in Norton Identity protection on chrome - AGAIN

This often happens when there is a Chrome update.  Now  Version 25.0.1364.152 m.  Norton 360 Premier version: 6.4.1.14.

Tried the previous solution which worked in the past.  Failed.  I get this message:

The 'manifest version' key must be set to 2 (without quotes).  It will not reinstall!!!!!!

Ughhhhhhh!  HELP!!!!

dickevans

Re: Is there any way to reinstall the plug in Norton Identity protection on chrome - AGAIN

Hi,

I'm assuming that you have updated your Norton product since the chrome update and that you have rebooted  since then. What is your operating system?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
hjfcfo1

Re: Is there any way to reinstall the plug in Norton Identity protection on chrome - AGAIN

Yes I updated Norton and rebooted.  Windows 7, 64-bit.  Just tried it again.  Got same message.  Very frustrating.

senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

Hi hjfcfo1

In recent Chrome versions, We cannot added extension into chrome manually..

Try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.

See more information from this thread.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Could-not-load-Norton-Identity-Safe-Ch...

Thanks,

Senthil.

Visitor
hjfcfo1

If I uninstall Chrome, will I lose all of my extensions, history, bookmarks etc.  and have to reinstall them 1 by 1?  

Visitor
hjfcfo1

Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome did not work.  

The extension was deleted.  Seems there is no way to restore it.