Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
TIMSPECS

I am unable to log in to my Norton Account.  I cannot log in throught the toolbar for Identity Safe, although I can log onto my Norton Account through the browser, either Firefox or IE.

This prevents me from accessing the Indentity Safe from my work computer.

I know the account is active and working since I can log onto the Norton Account from My Ipad and access Indentiy Safe from another machine.

yank
Kudos: 2,057
Solutions: 470

Re: Log in to Norton Account

[ Edited ]

Hi TIMSPECS,

Am I following you correctly.  You are trying to log into your Online Vault andhaving difficulty logging into you Norton Account on the subject system.  You can however log into Norton Account via browser, Ipad or another system.

If you log into your Norton Account by some othr means and then go to the ID Safe login on the subject system, you should see the following:

ID Safe Local logged in.PNG

or perhaps the following:

ID Safe not local.PNG

Dependent on which one shows up, you will have to select the online vault and then enter the password for the online vault.

Hope this helps.

Visitor
TIMSPECS

I was unable to log onto my Norton User Account with my username and password in order to get to the point where I could log into the indentity safe.  At this point I have resolved the issue by un-installing Norton and re-installing.  It is working in IE, but the toolbar is having an issue with Firefox 13.0.1.

yank

[ Edited ]

In regards to the FF issue:

Have you run Liveupdate (rebooting as requested) until LiveUp responds "no updates found" and then reboot one more time.

The Norton Toolbar add-on for FF 13.0.1  should be 2012.7.3.1 and enabled.

yank

One more thought, please tell us the Norton Product you are using on the system displaying the problem.  If it in fact is a Norton Product provided by your ISP (for example Comcast's Norton Security Suite or Comcast's Norton Business Suite) it does not have a Norton account associated with it the online- vault can not be used - but the local vault should still work without being signed into a Norton Account.