Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
mr_wilson
Accepted Solution

Missing toolbar in Chrome

I lost my toolbar and i have no idea how to get it back.

I did notice that if I am logged in thru Firefox, it still populate id and password in Chrome, but the toolbar is not there.

Please help me with my ridiculously stupid problem

Edjr60

Re: Missing toolbar in Chrome

mr_wilson wrote:

I lost my toolbar and i have no idea how to get it back.

I did notice that if I am logged in thru Firefox, it still populate id and password in Chrome, but the toolbar is not there.

Hi mr_wilson,

Did you just recently get the latest Chrome version update .. 27.0.1453.93. Did it disappear after the update? Is the toolbar accidentally hidden? Click the Norton icon Norton Icon in Chrome with Green Mark.PNG at the upper right to bring back into view if hidden.

Run Norton Autofix .. Support > Get Support, to see if the scan performs an installation repair(s).

Be sure to update manually if you don't have the latest version. Chrome menu   > About Google Chrome.

Ed

Contributor
mr_wilson

That worked.

Is this happening to other people right now ?

Edjr60

Hi Mr_Wilson,

Very glad things worked out and you got your toolbar back.

A good rule of thumb concerning the Chrome browser, is to check for updates manually often. Even though Chrome will do it automatically, you can stay updated better and more often checking for updates yourself ...

Chrome menu   > About Google Chrome > Relaunch browser when prompted to complete update process, when there is an update available.

Sometimes, updates are released back to back. This week, we had the one on Tuesday and another a few days later Posted Here.

Ed