Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Phishing Phryer
ALF60

Re: Mozilla Firefox 11.0 & Norton Toolbar/IPS

[ Edited ]

Hi Tim just a note that you might not be aware of  that mozilla is realeasing firefox 11 today manual update only for more info go https://blog.mozilla.com/futurereleases/2012/03/12/update-on-firefox-release-timing/  info from killyourtv at tech outpost. thanks. HI SGFC you can type a lot faster than I can. Thanks for the info.

Super Phishing Phryer
killyourtv

[ Edited ]

The link in the previous post is broken, here is the corrected link:

https://blog.mozilla.com/futurereleases/2012/03/12/update-on-firefox-release-timing/

Of course, I'm not personally advising anyone to upgrade their Firefox until such time as Norton is officially supporting Firefox 11.

EVERYONE types faster than I do.

NS - 22.0.0.79
Windows 7 SP1 32bit
Phishing Phryer
ALF60

Thanks killyourtv you can type and SEE better than I can thanks for fixing the link.

Regular Visitor
IN071081

Not sure why MOZILLA FIREFOX RELEASES updates frequently.... They can instead combine the new updates and release as a new version with a time gap of atleast three months.---- This may cause inconvenience for many programs, which needs to update every time very frequently. The final stand is that it causes inconvenience for many Firefox users.. Some people may also think of changing the web browser to Google Chrome.
Tim_Lopez
Topics: 353
Kudos: 1,512
Solutions: 890

All,

We're keeping an eye on their updates as I'm sure you are. We'll adjust our release plans accordingly to support Firefox release shortly after they release their update. 

Cheers,
Tim Lopez
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation
GFL
Contributor
GFL

[ Edited ]

Just got  auto pop up for Firefox to update..... What point are we at now for the tool bar?

EDIT1 - Just ran LU manualy and was asked to restart. Ran again for 2 minor updates and then states completed. Is it safe to assume at this point that FF 11 update can be installed without issue?

Thanks

EDIT2 - Dammit, after restart FF must have auto updated or something as the Tool BAR is gone.......... My god im so **bleep** tired of this happening.  What is going on?

EDIT3 - I tried another reboot. After tried manualy running LU again, it found small update.... Tool Bar back..... very frustrating, yet all thus far on this machine..(2 more to go) seems to be working.

Contributor
ringo2

GFL noted he got the Firefox patch. I STILL don't have the patch yet. Just checked with LiveUpdate. But it doesn't matter since I don't use Firefox.
Norton Internet Security 2012, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Internet Explorer 9
SGFC
Topics: 73
Kudos: 79
Solutions: 15

I will mark this solved since I have the latest version of NIS.
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit / Norton Internet Security 2014
Regular Contributor
olegausa

Hi i'm running NIS version 19.6.1.8 since it was annonced and after reading Tim's post that FIrefox 11.0 is officially supported i downloaded it from Mozila's site closed version 10.02 and let the setup do the upgrade. Now Firefox is running OK and toolbar is here but i just have clarification questiom cause acording to Tim's post we should have

Norton Toolbar2012.5.2.5

Symantec Intrusion Prevention10.1.0.68 - 2 

but i have Norton Vulnerability Protection 10.1.068 - 1 instead while toolbar has correct version so i just checking if it's the way it should be ?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,375
Solutions: 344

It is unfortunate that Norton has to chase these monthly updates from Firefox. I'm sure the engineers have better things to do than have to run compatibility checks every few weeks, then retweak the code.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.