Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
SthrnDixieCwgrl

Norton Confidential Keeps Crashing

I have noticed in Google Chrome that Norton Confidential keeps crashing.  I am constantly getting the following message:

The following plug-in is unresponsive: Unknown

Would you like to stop it?

The after I click on yes I get the following yellow bar at the top of the window:

The following plug-in has crashed: Norton Confidential

What is Norton Confidential and why is it only crashing in Google Chrome.  I don't have this thing crashing in Internet Explorer.  What is the issue and how do I fix it.  I have the most current stable version of Google Chrome Installed and Norton is up to date (version 6.2.1.5).  I also have no other issues with Windows since I recently had to format the hard drive and reinstall the OS and have all Windows Updates installed if any of this helps.

Main System: MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.7.4/ Microsoft Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64
Secondary Systems: HP dv6500t Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86/HP dv7-1275dx Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
Symantec: Norton 360 7.0/2013 (20.2.0.19)
SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,844
Solutions: 779

Re: Norton Confidential Keeps Crashing

[ Edited ]

Hi SthrnDixieCwgrl,

This is a known issue arising from an unfixed flaw in the Chrome browser.  There is already a lengthy thread on this topic (this thread may get moved there, too) but the following post sums up the situation:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Confidential-plug-in-crashing-C...

Administrator
Dave_Coleman

NIS 2012 has Norton Confidential?