Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Cath1957

Norton Confidential has crashed

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem. It keeps coming up saying Norton Confidential has crashed.

Thanks for any input on this situation.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

Re: Norton Confidential has crashed

There is a problem with the Identity Protection add-on (which I believe is the renamed Confidential) and Norton are working on a fix.

As a workaround if you can go into your browser tools / Manage Add-ons and disable the Internet Protection (NIP) that should stop the crashes until this is fixed.

If not, tell us what browser, Norton Product and versions of Windows you are using.

Hugh
skunkur

I too have same problem...browser is Chrome and version 21.0.1180.79 m

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Hi,

We have released a patch for this issue. In order to get this patch, Please run live update until it shows "Your Norton product now has latest protection updates" and Restart the computer whenever it requires for a reboot, then check the issue again.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes? 

Thanks,

Senthil.

Butters

This has just started giving me trouble.  I ran the updates and rebooted.  I am using Chrome 21.0.1180.89

Interbrol

I too am having the same problem since the latest update!

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Hi,

Sorry for the issue you are facing,

Could you provide the exact scenario in which you are facing this issue.

E.g.. Is it happening while visiting any specific sites?

Note: We have a known issue with chrome.  Please see more information from this thread http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Confidential-plug-in-crashing-C...

Thanks,

Senthil

dmelko

I have done all the things you recommend except disabling it. Isn't there anything else you can do? You have always been quick to fix any of these types of problems. Hopefully you can do this one too!!!

Visitor
majabafa

Thanks for this answer. It is the "one" that solved the problem for me.  :womanvery-happy:

Edjr60

majabafa wrote:

Thanks for this answer. It is the "one" that solved the problem for me.  :womanvery-happy:

If you are referring to disabling the Norton extension as the solution for you, it's a risky decision. By doing so, you also disable the anti-phishing technology that the Norton toolbar uses for Identity Safe and safe browsing. If you unknowingly went to a fraudulent shopping site, where you would enter sensitive information, you would not be protected.

Ensure your Chrome version is the latest ... 22.0.1229.92.

Ed