Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
GotShirts

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing Chrome

The following plug-in is unresponsive: Norton Confidential - would you like to stop it?  Yes or No"

what the heck is this all about???  it's just started on my computer the last couple of days???   

it's annoying.   

we pay for Norton software and protection.  So it would be nice if it worked seamlessly.

tcleaveland

I have Norton 360 so don't know if it will work for NIS, but I worked with support today and found that I had conflicting versions of Norton Identity Safe.  My computer came with a trial version of Norton and then I installed 360 and I guess it did not uninstall all of the trial version stuff as it said it did.  Anyway, what I did was use the Norton uninstaller  www.norton.com/nrt and then reinstalled.  So far so good.... fingers crossed.

beckside

Plug in keeps chashing

I have recently purchased Norton Internet Security and I now keep getting the message 'The following plug-in has crashed:Norton confidential'.  It also keeps crashing crome.  Can anybody help?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,177
Solutions: 305

Re: Plug in keeps chashing

This is a known issue with Google Chrome. There is a long thread about this. The link below is for an explanation from a Symantec employee on the issue. Feel free to browse the rest of the thread.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Confidential-plug-in-crashing-C...

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
bethy0543

Unfortunately, you are going to find yourself doing this over and over and over and over and over again, and you think it's helped, but it hasn't...will keep happening and driving you absolutely crazy and get you very, very pissed off at paying for Norton protection and end up having it ruin everything you are trying to do.

Until Norton and Google quit passing the buck to eachother (yes, I know last November Norton did something, but that obviously wasn't enough) we are going to continue be in hell because of these two entities...who can continue to make billions of dollars while we all have to suffer.

Contributor
bethy0543

Unfortunately this is not even close to being solved, and there must be thousands (if not millions) of us who are suffering because Norton and Google keep passing the buck to eachother instead of solving this disaster.

Yes, this is a disaster.

I'm so sick of it.

I am stuck, and so are thousands (or millions) of other paying subscribers.

WHEN WILL THIS END???

The answer that Norton did something last year is not an answer of any kind.

This corporation is not stupid, nor should it be insulting us all, as if we are all stupid.

Contributor
bethy0543

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012

You already know what happened when the crash occurred.

Why are you making each person feel like this is an individual issue and making them all jump through the same hoops?

You are fully aware of this problem, and I wish Norton would do something about it (no not last year, but NOW!!!).

Contributor
bethy0543

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012 - MY SOLUTION

And now that it's been weeks since you posted this, what kind of problems did your "solution" lead you to?

Contributor
bethy0543

--and I've got a bridge I'd love to sell you!

ivorcadiramen

Not good enough PeiterV

I have used Norton for a long time and I did not have any problems with the previous version and its intertwining with Google's Chrome. You have had this problem since August and still not resolved it ?!! Come on !! you (Symantec) updated to the 2012 version and should have checked it out with Chrome before releasing it to the unsuspecting public who bought it and did not get it free from a vereal box. You fix it !!