Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Themanwithaplan

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012

Same problem - I have NIS 19.1.1.3 with W 7 and Chrome - Norton confid crashes every day

ggraves4462

[ Edited ]

What exactly is Norton Confidential and why does it keep crashing when I try to play Words with Friends on Facebook? I just updated Norton last week and have been having the problem ever since. And I am using Google Chrome as well. Thank You

Visitor
PhilliesChick

I ran the last live update and Norton Confidential continues to make Chrome crash at least 3 times a day.  I use my computer all day for work and now its not just when words with friends is running which seems to be a common theme among the users.  Please fix this or tell us how to uninstall whatever the heck Norton Confidential is.  I wish I hadn't upgraded to NIS 2012 because 2011 was working just fine!

Regular Contributor
SHASHANK

We Require a fix asap .....

Your plugin is making an awesome browser chrome crash .

WTF ..! 

Visitor
PhilliesChick

Norton,

Do you not care that you haven't responded in 9 days and the issue still hasn't been fixed?  We can't be the only ones experiencing this...I bet by not fixing it you're losing a lot of customers.  I personally don't intend to purchase any more of your products if you make something like this totaly crappy then don't provide a proper fix when you get numerous customer complaints.

ClareB

Has there been another attempt at a fix for this problem yet? Norton Confidential plug in is constantly crashing Google Chrome still, especially when I am using the Picasa website.It then also causes the Shockwave plug in to become non responsive, which I've never had any problems with before.  I have to revert to using Internet Explorer to use Picasa, which I really don't want to do!

DarbyM

Had to disable Norton Identity Protection extension 2012.1.1.10 NIS 2012 ver 19.1.1.3 in Chrome

I had to disable the  Norton Identity Protection extension 2012.1.1.10 NIS 2012 ver 19.1.1.3 in Chrome 14.0.835.202.  The extension constantly crashed multiple applications and made Chrome dog slow.  I test web sites and couldn't afford to have it enabled.  

My OS is Windows 7 Professional N with Service pac 1

Contributor
malpaso

First it was the NIS 2012 not finding tracking cookies (still waiting for an answer on that one), then it was the firewall and browser protection sliders being greyed-out and now some mystery Norton Confidential plug-in gumming up Chrome. All this since I installed NIS 2012 four days ago. This reminds me of the Norton products of five years ago. It's why I left.

Cripes, 2011 and 2010 were wonderful. I never even visited these forums. But now it seems I'm a regular. Maybe instead of Norton emailing me about a some new forum status I've reached (from Newbie to Visitor in a day!) they might want to look at why I'm even on here. I mean does anybody at Norton actually come on her to, you know, answer questions about their product?

So what is the Confidential plug-in? Is it necessary? And why is it crashing?

lisazkiwi

Norton Confidential crashes when I try and use google maps with Chrome

I've done all the 'liveupdates...'

koolforkatz

I was prepared to give Norton another try after abandoning it several years ago.  However, as others have said it is constantly crashing Chrome.  I don't want to give up Chrome for IE.  I would rather switch anti-virus providers than switch browsers.  Please fix this problem.....