Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Symantec Employee
PieterV

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012

[ Edited ]

There is a known deadlock with Chrome, where it reports our plugin is not responding, we filed a bug with Chrome in August, the bug is still open, waiting to be fixed by Chrome.

Pieter

Administrator
Dave_Coleman

maps.google.com causes NCO to crash

This post has been moved to its own thread in the Other Norton Products forum.

Visitor
scottycherie

I got the NIS 2012 just last week and now getting the norton confidential crash problem as well using chrome.  I NEVER had this issue with NIS 2011 and now I'm getting really frustrated with these frequent crashes.  Can I go back to 2011 until this gets fixed.  or should I cancel my subcription with Norton and go with a competitor?  Please advise

Symantec Employee
PieterV

Chrome support was added in 2012 products, so 2011 products are not affected.

We are all frustrated about this problem, we created a defect with Google in August, we are still waiting for them to help us fix it.

You can track the problem here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=92374&

Pieter

trusthim12

Right after updating NIS and installing Norton toolbar for Chrome, for Identity safe logins, my Chrome freezes constantly, stating Norton Confidential has crashed, asking me if I want to "Kill the unresponsive page or WAIT". Make me want to go back to IE8. Any fix yet??

trusthim12

If I uninstall NIS 2012 and then install NIS 2011, will that make my crash problem disappear?

Regular Visitor
brush-head

I just updated NIS 2012 because I saw a suggestion that this would fix it. It seems to happen after I have signed out hotmail & the MS script on their site takes you to MSN UK. The timer cycles for a while then the tab goes out of focus then Chrome says it has stopped responding & a dialogue box pops up without mentioning which plug in has failed.

If you respond to kill the plug-in Chrome then tells you the Norton Confidential plug-in has crashed.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit (all relevant updates applied).

Toshiba L300d notebook 4Gb RAM

Chrome 16.0.912.63 m

Any further developments on this one?

TIA

rtracey80

i too am still getting this problem and its really starting to do my head in. Making me reconsider who i will use next for my computer security

Visitor
ioios63

Hi,

Yesterday evening, after an updated of NIS 2012, i restart my pc as suggeted for installing it. After that i shout down the PC. This morning after restart PC i opened chrome that seemed frezed.

I've got multiple tabs (more than 3) open in Chrome. The timer cycles for a while then the tab goes out of focus then Chrome says it has stopped responding & a dialogue box pops up without mentioning which plug in has failed

If you respond to kill the plug-in Chrome then tells you the Norton Confidential plug-in has crashed. Chrome still remain freezed.

Windows 7 Home Premium  64-bit (all relevant updates applied).

How can i disable the Norton Confidential Chrome Plug-In?

There is any update to fix this problem?

Thanks ang  apologize me for my bad english.

Visitor
tcb4al

Can you provide an update to this problem. Several months after you state the problem is going to be corrected through "Live Update", I'm still experiencing problems. The link you provided references a system hang with Amazon. I think it would have been courteous if you provided the issue number to ensure we're looking at the correct topic, I feel like the buck is being passed.