Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
Truepeace
Accepted Solution

Norton Identify Safe extension disappeared in Chrome 26

[ Edited ]

Hi,
the Norton toolbar and extension disappeared recently and they are not even listed in the Extensions list of Google Chrome.
I don't remember why or when it happened but it was during February-March.

I have :
Norton 360 v 20.3.0.36 with latest Live Updates.
Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43 m. (latest)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Is there a way to reinstall the extension on Google Chrome or to fix this?
I think you may end up suggesting me to reinstall Norton or Google Chrome but I prefer not to do it since I don't want to set again the exclusion list in Norton and reconfigure it and I don't want to reinstall all of the extensions of Google Chrome I have.

NB : The Identify Safe toolbar is working on IE 10.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor
Truepeace

Re: Norton Identify Safe extension disappeared in Chrome 26

No one answered this, but it finally got fixed maybe after a new Norton update because it is now version 20.3.1.22 with Norton Identity Protection 2013.3.3.19 extension in Google Chrome.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,372
Solutions: 343

[ Edited ]

Edit

Post removed because issue is resolved.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
tbeahm

I wanted to let you know that even though this thread said the problem was resolved, I ended up having the same problem today - couldn't tell if it was after Chrome had done an Update or if it was after the Live Update for Norton had run ... but the solution I found was on another Norton community page, and it is to check the extensions that you allow in Chrome, and after the Updates, it had turned off the Norton extension, and so no matter what codes, and strings I would have run, it would have never run.  So you click on the upper right-hand corner to the three black lines on the Chrome Toolbar and scroll down to Settings and then once you click on that - Extensions is the 2nd line over to the left.  Click on that, and you should see your Norton extension sitting there unchecked.  Check it, and voila you are back in business.