Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
robgw3

Re: Norton Identity Safe Crash Causes Browsers to Crash

I have the same problem, Identity Safe crashed and i cant use any browser that uses Norton. This feature is the ONLY reason i chose to go with Norton instead of another anti virus program, if it does not get fixed i will want a refund for the time left on my subscription and go get another anti virus product. Norton is a nice product, but Identity Safe is the only reason i keep it instead of something else.

Contributor
igcastillo

Well, I am having the same issue, all my browsers are crashing due to norton identity safe.

Same thing happened to me several months ago with Norton Backup aka NOBU.

I believe there is something bad going on with Norton.

They do not seem to think that all theses issues are going people to move away from them.!!!!!!

They feel that they own us.. but they do not

Visitor
areboy

How come Norton are still able to sell this junk? I've still got another 337 days to go - but  I'll just give up the rest of my subscription and get an internet security system that doesn't give me hassle.

Visitor
scottmb01

I'm having the problem too on both IE and FireFox. I run Windows XP SP3 and have Norton 360 Premier installed. A couple of days ago, after working fine for a long time, bugs started happnening. First it was the scanware. After I used Norton Power Eraser and RnR tool (no viruses or malware found) -  Identity Safe Started going berzerk. First it "lost" my original logins and I had to replace with some old ones I'd exported to a file for an emergency.

When I got it all up and running; same freeze problems OP is describing. I literally have to wait 2-3 minutes for the browser(s) to clear with identity safe.

Want to do online banking? Hit the quick launch to go to the page. Go vacuum the living room. Come back. Hit the submit button if Identity safe has filled in the info yet. Go take a dump. Come back and do my online banking. Half hour later- Next task please.

If I disable Identity safe in FF my browser works fine. Re-enable it and crap.

On line tech guy tried to help me... by saying I had too much junk installed on my computer. Funny, it worked fine with all the junk  a few days ago. Funny, my netbook's browwser(s) freeze too with Identity safe. Funny, my browser runs perfect without Identity Safe! All this funny stuff must have Symantec laughing their asses off. (so not funny)

Regular Visitor
vhcatron

Ok got vault working again by backing up vault deleting vault and then uninstalling and reinstalling 360 setup vault and restoring from backup. This worked fine until a Windows 7 update and issue started all over again. Saved vault again and did another Install reinstall and is ok for now. I am seriously considering not renewing Norton when it is time to renew. This has become a nightmare to deal with.

Norton please get your stuff together. I have used your products for over 12 years and seriously feel I can not recommend your products at this point.

Regular Visitor
mayja1766

I had the same problem as user Dapau.  After upgrade I had to create online vault, used same password as my vault on the compter and system told me that my password wasn't strong enough.  I created the password, vault created and then rebooted.

Went to logon and got errors and had to use NR&RT which then wiped out my compter database and left me with no passwords.

mansonpax

I too am very disappointed with new online vaut version. Can I revert to the old unimproved versionof ID SAFE that just worked well month after month?

KevinBeilby

I am having the smae problem.  I am very surprised that Norton has not fixed this or at least patched their product.  The last time I had a major problem with McAfee I switched to Norton, maybe it's time to consider switching back to McAfee or an alternate to both of these.

Contributor
Jerryg43

Norton 360 Ver. 20.2.0.19. If I use the Identity safe Vault My browser will freeze.

This has been fixed 5 time by Norton Chat techs.

I now do it myself backing up my logins and resetting the vault password's is a real pain in the a--It takes about 5 minutes every time I have to do this which is daily

I hope they fix this soon .

Symantec Employee
ramshrii

Hi

Try the steps posted here by HarryP.

For Xp delete the Norton Folder under C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data

For Win7/Vista Delete the Norton Folder under C:\Program Data

Turn-Off the protected mode in IE nad then try browsing if you've trouble withIE.

-Shri