Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
TrevorWebb

Norton Identity Safe has Crashed - Google Chrome

Chrome Version:31.0.1650.57 (Official Build 235101) m
Operating System: Win 7
Extensions:
* Evernote Web Clipper 6.0.3
* Norton Identity Protection 2014.6.0.27

In the last two or three days (only), when I start Chrome, web pages for email sites load properly and can be used, but pages for newspapers, etc., partially load and then stall.

Eventually a message will say that "Norton Identity Protection has crashed."  If I disable the Norton extension, Chrome seems to work OK, but I want this extension enabled!

Have you QA'd your latest build of NIP against Chrome recently?

Regular Visitor
Sherman17

Re: Norton Identity Safe has Crashed - Google Chrome

I have the same exact issue on the same version of Chrome and same OS. Only started in recent weeks. Seems to have potentially started after the Chrome update released in Novmber, Version 31.0.1650.57 m.

Visitor
GeorgiaPat

I was happy enough with the previous version.  Now, mine crashes at least once a day, and that's the very least of the problems I've had today.  All of my logins were on my local computer, and when I attempted to transfer to the cloud,  Norton went very weird and wouldn't let me login to ID Safe with my original vault password.  I seem to have lost all of my logins, and it now wants to start fresh, as if I'm a new user.  

The Safe Search/Identity Safe toolbar comes and goes.  Right now, it is not appearing on Google Chrome. It's listed as an extension, but with what looks like a broken puzzle piece icon (crash symbol, I assume). I've been on chat with Norton reps for as long as 45 minutes in the last few days, and they say everything looks good.  I just want it fixed.

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

GeorgiaPat wrote:

I was happy enough with the previous version.  Now, mine crashes at least once a day, and that's the very least of the problems I've had today.  All of my logins were on my local computer, and when I attempted to transfer to the cloud,  Norton went very weird and wouldn't let me login to ID Safe with my original vault password.  I seem to have lost all of my logins, and it now wants to start fresh, as if I'm a new user.  

The Safe Search/Identity Safe toolbar comes and goes.  Right now, it is not appearing on Google Chrome. It's listed as an extension, but with what looks like a broken puzzle piece icon (crash symbol, I assume). I've been on chat with Norton reps for as long as 45 minutes in the last few days, and they say everything looks good.  I just want it fixed.

Hi GeorgiaPat,

Can you please tell us what is your OS and Chrome version, as well as what Norton product are you running?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
longcaster

norton crash 12 6 13.JPG

norton identy safe 12 7 13.JPG

Version 31.0.1650.63 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

Norton version 21.1.0.18

Norton Identy Safe crashes multiple times a day. Above are 2 screen shots with the message when Google Chrome crashes saying Norton Identy Safe caused it.

Visitor
GeorgiaPat

My operating system is Windows XP (on an aging computer).  My Norton is Internet Security (360, I think, with regular updates). I'm not sure about Google Chrome.  The only information I can find is 64.240.49198.

I'm not tech savvy.  This moring, the vault won't accept my vault password or offer any solution.  I'm locked out, but I'm not sure if I'm locked out of my highly populated original vault on my local computer, or locked out of the new vault that seems to have been created. The last time I got into that vault, it had been emptied. 

Thanks for any help. I am extremely frustrated, and have spent much more time than I have to spare, just trying to salvage something that was working fine before this update. 

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

Hi longcaster,

What's your OS, Windows XP?

Thanks.

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

GeorgiaPat wrote:

My operating system is Windows XP (on an aging computer).  My Norton is Internet Security (360, I think, with regular updates). I'm not sure about Google Chrome.  The only information I can find is 64.240.49198.

I'm not tech savvy.  This moring, the vault won't accept my vault password or offer any solution.  I'm locked out, but I'm not sure if I'm locked out of my highly populated original vault on my local computer, or locked out of the new vault that seems to have been created. The last time I got into that vault, it had been emptied. 

Thanks for any help. I am extremely frustrated, and have spent much more time than I have to spare, just trying to salvage something that was working fine before this update. 

Hi GeorgiaPat.

Do you mean Norton Internet Security or Norton 360?

I use Norton Internet Security,and to check the version click on Support, scroll down to About, hover the mouse pointer over it and the version will appear at the left of About, as per this screenshot:

120713 NIS Version.PNG

Should you be using Norton 360, I think it's the same: Support >About.

To check Chrome version, open Chrome, click on Google Chrome.Customize and control.PNG  at the upper right, scroll down to "About Google Chrome" or something like that (my OS is not in English therefore I don't know what you will see exactly), click on it and a new page will be returned showing Chrome version (current version is 31.0.1650.63 m).

As to the vault, I don't use it so I'm sorry I can't help you. Please wait for someone else to assist you with it.

Regular Contributor
longcaster

Yes, I have Windows XP Home on my computer.

Regular Contributor
longcaster

This problem is still going on.

My computer is running XP, both Google Chrome & Norton 360 are up to date;

norton crash 12 6 13.JPG

norton identy safe 12 7 13.JPG

Why is Norton Identy Safe crashing Chrome?