Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
chelman

Norton Identity Safe makes browsers unresponsive and crashy

Norton Identity safe is causing the three browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) in my computer to become unresponsive to the point of Crashing. It's like beta testing without volunteering for it. I've spent about 7 (seven) hours trying to acces tech support without avail. This is my last year using Norton.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,466
Solutions: 368

Re: Norton Identity Safe makes browsers unresponsive and crashy

chelman wrote:

Norton Identity safe is causing the three browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) in my computer to become unresponsive to the point of Crashing. It's like beta testing without volunteering for it. I've spent about 7 (seven) hours trying to acces tech support without avail. This is my last year using Norton.

Is this unresposiveness just after starting your computer, or is it after everything is well established?

What version of NIS  do you have? Support - About.

There is a product update that has fixed a number of  issues. be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
chelman

2013 but I want to go back to 2012, I don't like the Identy Safe controlled by the symantec Cloud. It happens once I open Identity safe. I've uninstalled and Installed again, liveupdated, etc.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Hi,

Export your ID Safe Data as a CSV format file.

To return to NIS12 you will need to download and save the Norton Removal Tool and NIS12

Uninstall NIS by Windows Control Panel and restart your computer.  Next,  run the Norton Removal Tool and restart.  Right click the NIS12 file and select Run As Administrator..

Remember to run Live Update, restarting where required,  until no more updates are available.

Import your ID Safe data.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

peterweb
Kudos: 1,466
Solutions: 368

chelman wrote:

2013 but I want to go back to 2012, I don't like the Identy Safe controlled by the symantec Cloud. It happens once I open Identity safe. I've uninstalled and Installed again, liveupdated, etc.

If you were using a local vault before you upgraded to 2013, you should still have access to it.

Log out of Identity Safe. Then go to the log in screen again and look for the option to log into the local safe.

new ID Safe login.JPG

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.