Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Rolyat_Naes

Norton Toolbar / Identity Safe missing in IE9 32 bit, 3rd part browsers enabled

I had a Norton VIP update install this morning. Since then, I cannot view my Norton’s Toolbar. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I am using IE9 32 bit. I have 3rd part extensions enabled in the Internet Options Browser setting and I have rebooted the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yank
Kudos: 2,248
Solutions: 512

Re: Norton Toolbar / Identity Safe missing in IE9 32 bit, 3rd part browsers enabled

I am sorry I am not fmiliar with Norton VIP - but the normal thing to check is to ensure the add-ons are present and enabled in IE.  Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extentions.  Also in IE you can check View> Toolbars and ensure a check mark in from front of Norton Toolbar.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I am will come along to help you out. 

GayanSajith

Re: Norton Toolbar / Identity Safe missing in IE9 32 bit, 3rd part browsers enabled

You may have to check a newer version of Norton. Right click the Norton icon in the system tray >> New Version Check

Hopefully it worked for me. :D

Visitor
govindraj

Hello,

Try this my friend,

1. Keep running the liveupdate until it says "No updates available" and restarted the computer.
  2. Reset internet explorer
  3. Enable the norton toolbar manually or you may get a prompt to enable/disable the add-ons when you open IE.

I am most positive you would get back the norton toolbar.

Thanks and do keep us posted.