Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
TGRich

Norton Toolbar and Norton Vulnerability Protection

This morning I notice both my Norton Toolbar and Norton Vulnerability Protection have been disabled by FireFox 19 how can I get them working again.

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Re: Norton Toolbar and Norton Vulnerability Protection

Hi,

Can you please run the complete product live update and then reboot the machine once and then check if the toolbar is compatible. We have already released the compatible patch so it should be enabled and working after the update.

Regards,

Prasanna

yank
Kudos: 2,050
Solutions: 469

Hi TGRich,

Just curious if youinstalled FF 19 prior to receiving the patch from Norton?  It is advised that you wait ntil your receive the patch from Norton prior to updating to FF 19.  You can control the install of the new FF update by going to Menu Bar >Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Update Tab and select the option to Check for updates, but let me decide when to install.  This way you can wait until Norton updates and then go ahead and install the latest FF version.

blufre

I have Norton 20.2.0.19 and Norton Toolbar 2013.2.4.2 from Comcast and still cannot download my Norton toolbar to Firefox 19!  I have run Live Update five times, rebooted twice, and still cannot see the toolbar on Firefox 19.  And my Firefox add-on still says Norton toolbar is not compatible with Firefox 19.  This update process is exhausting and so time-consuming.  Wassup?

yank
Kudos: 2,050
Solutions: 469

blufre wrote:

I have Norton 20.2.0.19 and Norton Toolbar 2013.2.4.2 from Comcast and still cannot download my Norton toolbar to Firefox 19!  I have run Live Update five times, rebooted twice, and still cannot see the toolbar on Firefox 19.  And my Firefox add-on still says Norton toolbar is not compatible with Firefox 19.  This update process is exhausting and so time-consuming.  Wassup?

The update for Norton Toolbar add-on for FF 19 has not been released to the Comcast servers yet - all I can ask is for your "patience".  I know it's not a good answer, but the only one  I have for now.