Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
kiwigirl

Norton Toolbar and Vault disappeared

[ Edited ]

I upgraded to Firefox 18.0.2 and my Norton toolbar and vault has disappeared.  Yesterday when it first happened I went looking on the internet and saw that I should update Norton and reboot and it would return.  It did - BUT today when I boot up and open up firefox again NO Norton vault or toolbar??

How do I get it back?

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Amy32080

Re: Norton Toolbar and Vault disappeared

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue (which is why I came here looking for help!) and after having a look around I just ugraded to Firefox 19 and followed the instructions in the topic titled "Firefox 19 Support for Norton Toolbar" above, and it worked!  Hopefully it'll fix your problem too.

edit:  I'm going to try putting in a link to the topic which helped me; this is my first time here so we'll see :)  Firefox 19 Support for Norton Toolbar

senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

Hi Kiwigirl,

Sorry for the issue you are facing.

We are able to reproduce the issue and tracking with a defect. The issue is toolbar  not appearing in  every alternate reboot and we are facing this issue only  in FF18.x and FF17.x .  As Amy32080 suggested, Please try upgrading to latest version(FF19) since we will not see this issue in FF19

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Senthil.

CarmiDriver

I had the "disappearing toolbar" issue a few days ago. It occurred just after I updated the Java Console to 3.0.37. I spent an hour tracking and installing updates with no success. Eventually I noticed that both the 3.0.35 and 3.0.37 versions were enabled in the "Add-ons" manager. Once I had disabled 3.0.35 and rebooted the toolbar returned.

Any thoughts on why this might have happened?

Contributor
suebee3

Senthil,

I had updated and the NTB had disappeared, this is something that usually happens when I update, than returns after a couple of days.. I posted the issue and they suggested not to update FF 19 until the issue was resolved. They mentioned that I had the latest version of NSS 20.2.0.19.  I have been doing the Live Dates everyday sometimes twice a day or more, but no NTB as of yet.  I have Norton Security Suite that comes with Comcast internet service.  The information in the post for the updates maybe for a different type of Norton Security Suite.:womanfrustrated:

senthilkumar

Hi Suebee3,

We didn't release FF19 patch for Norton toolbar support for NSS. We will be releasing patch soon for that suite.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Contributor
suebee3

Senthil,

Just got the patch today, so I updated the other computer to FF19. Everything is working fine on both computers.  I should be used to this by now, it seems with each update to FF there is a different solution the the NTB issue. Thanks for your patients.

:womanvery-happy:

Contributor
suebee3

Sometimes you have to wait a while before it will come back on its own. Go to View -Toolbars than see if Norton Toolbar is listed, if it is check the box next to NTB and close the menu box.  It should come than.  Hope this helps.

senthilkumar

Thanks for the update Suebee.

Glad to know that your problem is solved :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Senthil.

cmarianne61

This just happened to me.  I took your advice and upgraded FF to 19 and everything is back and working.   Thank you for your form, this really helped, saved me a lot of time and frustration.