Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
hastran

Norton toolbar/vault keeps disappearing in Chrome

I'm having trouble acessing the norton vault in chrome 25 sometimes it comes up and other times it doesn't. I keep having to close down and reopen chrome, usually several times before I can access toolbar/vault

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: Norton toolbar/vault keeps disappearing in Chrome

Hi,

Which Norton product do you have and which version?  You can check the version by clicking Support > About.

There is a known bug with the 2012 products.  You will have to either wait and see if a future patch comes to fix the bug or upgrade to the 2013 version, which is free to do while ever your subscription is current.

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Visitor
hastran

I have norton internet security version 20.3.0.36

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

[ Edited ]

There has been a patch released that should of solved some issues with v20 and Chrome.  Have you run Live Update, restarting where required, until no more updates area available?  Have you restarted lately?

You can try this, open NIS and click Support > Get Support and let Auto-fix scan your installation and let it fix what it finds.

You shouldn't have to close Chrome, try clicking the Reload this page.PNG button, also if you see that the Norton icon to the right of the address bar has the green mark Norton Icon in Chrome with Green Mark.PNG clicking the icon should return the toolbar.

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Visitor
hastran

yes I've run live update and computer is restarted every day

Edjr60

hastran wrote:

yes I've run live update and computer is restarted every day

Hi Hastran,

Chrome version 26 has been released. Update to the latest version to see if it helps any of your issues .. Chrome 26 Release.

As Dave mentioned, the patch for the Norton Toolbar/Chrome Support was released to everyone through liveupdate. See Tony's post here.

Ed

Visitor
hastran

Now the its not coming up at all no matter how many times I restart chrome

Visitor
hastran

Finally came on but took 6 restarts of chrome

Visitor
hastran

Is there anyway to access the passwords stored in the norton vault other than through the toolbar as its back to not working again

Edjr60

hastran wrote:

Is there anyway to access the passwords stored in the norton vault other than through the toolbar as its back to not working again

Hi Hastran,

Are you updated to the very latest Chrome 26.0.1410.43 .. Chrome menu button   > About Google Chrome > Relaunch > Reboot. I know from a previous post you are running NIS 20.3.0.36. It's important you have the very latest updates via liveupdate, as it contains Compatibility Support for Chrome 26 and Norton Toolbar. It would be listed in your Security History under LiveUpdate history as Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox.

If you have done all of this already, and before using the Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool, do a re-install of the Chrome browser. This has corrected toolbar issues in the past.

Export your Bookmarks first

Uninstall Google Chrome

Restart the computer.

Reinstall Google Chrome

Restart the computer.

Import your Bookmarks.

Check that Norton Identity Protection 2013.3.2.10 is Enabled in Extensions. Menu > Tools > Extensions.

See if this corrects the toolbar issue. Post back with your results.

Ed