Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
toddbloom

Password generator

hi, Since doing this online identity safe, I can't get to the web site and click on "password generator" link. if I do, I get "symres:Identitysafe.html" in IE url???? I'm logged in my account and my vault is open. Something isn't right. Or is this how its suppose to work?? And I don't see any "sync" line anymore in my settings under my vault??? This is too confusing to use.
yank
Kudos: 2,159
Solutions: 501

Re: Password generator

toddbloom wrote:
hi, Since doing this online identity safe, I can't get to the web site and click on "password generator" link. if I do, I get "symres:Identitysafe.html" in IE url???? I'm logged in my account and my vault is open. Something isn't right. Or is this how its suppose to work?? And I don't see any "sync" line anymore in my settings under my vault??? This is too confusing to use.

Are you ready for this?

On the Norton Toolbar (far left side) click on the X - then click on Disable.  This will disbale (remove the NTB).  At that point click on the link for the Password Generator - https://identitysafe.norton.com/password-generator

This will take you to the Password Generator.  If you do not disable the NTB - it will take you the link you got to.

Also, if you do not have a local vault, you will not see the "sync" option. 

Contributor
toddbloom

Ok??? Must be a bug. And I did upgrade from 2012 and thought I saw the '"sync"button once. Once you sync the first time, does it disappear?? And does it automatically sync then by itself?? thanks.
senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

toddbloom wrote:
Ok??? Must be a bug. And I did upgrade from 2012 and thought I saw the '"sync"button once. Once you sync the first time, does it disappear?? And does it automatically sync then by itself?? thanks.

Yes.

The problem is, In NIS 2013, if we have Norton Toolbar on the browser, it is redirecting Identitysafe Homepage.

The reason is the url has download link to install IDSS(Identity Safe Standalone). If someone trying to download and install IDSS, it will block the installation since we have Norton toolbar already present in NIS/N360. To avoid that we are redirecting to identity safe home page, but we need to have access to password generator.

We are already tracking this issue with a defect. See more information from this thread http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Can-Identity-Safe-generate-passwords/m...

2. Once you sync/move to Online vault,sync will happen automatically.

Thanks,

Senthil