Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Ingie

Resetting Norton Identity Vault Password

Somehow in setting up a Identify Safe Vault, I entered a typo into the password I was trying to use. Now I can't access the Identity Vault because I don't know what the password is. Is there any way I can reset the password, so that I can access my identity vault?

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Re: Resetting Norton Identity Vault Password

Hi,

If you forget the password you will not be able to be retain your old vault but you can reset the vault and create a new vault but the contents of the existing vault will not be retained. To reset the vault, on entering wrong password thrice on when logging to your vault it will take you to the reset vault wizard and you can reset the vault.

Regards,

Prasanna

Ingie

Prasanna,

I've tried that. That's what Norton Tech Support told me to do. Problem is, when I enter the password incorrectly 3 times, I don't get a password reset wizard. I get the following message:

"For security reasons, the sign-in screen has closed after too many failed sign-in attempts."

And below that is a red hyperlink which takes me back to the log-in screen. But no password reset wizard ever activates. The Tech Support person even remotely accessed my computer (MacBook Pro running Safari) remotely and tried to get the password reset wizard to come on. She couldn't get it to activate either.

As I don't have anything in my Identity Safe Vault yet, I have no concerns that its contents will be emptied, should I reset the password. But I can't get the password to reset or the password reset wizard.

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are trying to this from the identity safe product installed on your machine or from the web portal of identitysafe i.e. from https://identitysafe.norton.com ?

Only if you are trying from portal you will be seein this error message. And you cannot reset the vault from portal and you will have to do it from the client installated on the machine. From the toolbar chose to close the vault and click on login to vault again and enter wrong password thrice now.

Regards,

Prasanna

Contributor
crazy933

I also need to reset my password and have the same issue, i get a screen saying too many appempts and to try again, If i try to log in from N360 or my toolbat I get the network connection error,

But hey, its only been like this for almost 4 months.  

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi Crazy,

Can you please try again to do this from the toolbar, it might be some intermittent issues. We are able to login to accounts with the any issues. Request you to please try again after running complete live update also make sure your system date and time show correct values.

Regards,

Prasanna

Contributor
crazy933

each time i try to log into my vault from my toolbar I get the network connection error, for the past 4 months.  

when i go to .  https://identitysafe.norton.com/vaultLogin I am told my vault is locked due to too many attempts,   there is no option to reset password.