Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
derek-f
Accepted Solution

Restoring Identity Safe toolbar in Chrome

Hi all

I managed to delete (not hide) the Identity Safe toolbar in Chrome. Unable to find an option within settings to restore it, I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton 360, but it's still not restored it to Chrome.

I supposed removing 360 and Chrome and then reinstalling both might work, but thought I'd check if anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it without doing that.  Any ideas appreciated..

Thanks.

Edjr60

Re: Restoring Identity Safe toolbar in Chrome

derek-f wrote:

Hi all

I managed to delete (not hide) the Identity Safe toolbar in Chrome. Unable to find an option within settings to restore it, I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton 360, but it's still not restored it to Chrome.

I supposed removing 360 and Chrome and then reinstalling both might work, but thought I'd check if anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it without doing that.  Any ideas appreciated..

Thanks.

Hi derek-f,

Not really sure if I can help, but I'll give it a shot. I don't use Norton 360, I use NIS, but I do use Chrome browser. Do you know exactly how you removed, or you said, deleted the Norton Toolbar. We know we can hide the toolbar by clicking the x on the far left side. We know we can restore it by clicking the Norton icon on the right side of the address bar.

I did an experiment very carefully with the Norton icon right side of the address bar. I right clicked it and selected 'Hide Button'. In order to restore the button, I couldn't right click the area where it just was. I had to go into extensions. Click wrench icon > tools > extensions and there was the new 'Show Button' that had never been there before. Right by Norton Identity Protection 2012.5.4.6. Clicking the button restored the Norton icon to it's original place.

Did you by chance right click the Norton icon and choose 'Remove from Chrome' ? Did you go into extensions and see if there is anything there to restore

Ed

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,678
Solutions: 759

[ Edited ]

Hi derek-f,

The following instructions are written for Norton Internet Security, so I am not sure if they are applicable to Norton 360.  If you can find the "exts" folder and its included "chrome.crx" file in the Norton 360 engine folder, you should be able to use these steps:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Is-there-any-way-to-reinstall-the-plu...

If Norton 360 is significantly different, post back and we will try to get you some N360-specific instructions.

Visitor
derek-f

Thanks for the reply, Ed.  Unfortunately, the extension was deleted - not just hidden.

Cheers

D

Visitor
derek-f

Hi SendOfJive

Thanks very much for this solution - worked like a charm!

I'll keep it on hand for the next time I manage to do something stupid :smileyhappy:

Again, thanks for your assistance.

D

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,678
Solutions: 759

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.  Glad senthilkumar's suggestions worked for you.