Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
DaveRey

TRANSFERRING NORTON ANTIVIRUS TO NEW PC

Need to transfer vault logins from old W7 machine to new W8 machine. I have exported the W7 vault to a csv file as recommended. When I get on the W8 PC and try to open the vault it askes me to login to my Norton account which is successful. It then askes me to enter my vault password (online) and I am stumped. I have tried the one from the W7 PC to no avail. Any ideas?

dickevans

Re: TRANSFERRING NORTON ANTIVIRUS TO NEW PC

DaveRey wrote:

Need to transfer vault logins from old W7 machine to new W8 machine. I have exported the W7 vault to a csv file as recommended. When I get on the W8 PC and try to open the vault it askes me to login to my Norton account which is successful. It then askes me to enter my vault password (online) and I am stumped. I have tried the one from the W7 PC to no avail. Any ideas?

Welcome DaveRey

Was your vault on the old machine a cloud vault? Or was it only a local vault? If it was a cloud vault it should be the same password as your Norton account password. If it was only a local, on your computer only, then you will need to enter your Norton account password to establish the cloud vault.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

Re: TRANSFERRING NORTON ANTIVIRUS TO NEW PC

Hi DaveRey,

Please tell us which Norton Product you are using?  NAV, NIS, N360???? 

Then tell us whch version of that product you are using.  This can be found from the main page of your product and selecting Support About. 

Once we know which product and version you are using, we will be able to provide better assistance.

Also please give us information about how you installed your Norton product in W8 ( or is it Win 8.1)?  Did you use CD/DVD, internet download, or a download from your Norotn Account?

The more info you can provide in regards to the installation the better we can assist you.