Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
wally3218

Vault Closed

I'm using Windows 7 64bit with latest Norton 360 and have set up my online vault and synced with another computer.

Am now unable to login to the online vault keeps telling me that the operation timed out. Check your internet connection and try again. Pretty sure my internet connection is ok as I am posting this.

Luckly I had backed up my passwords. Is it posible for me to just go back to using the local vault and how do I do that.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,461
Solutions: 365

Re: Vault Closed

wally3218 wrote:

I'm using Windows 7 64bit with latest Norton 360 and have set up my online vault and synced with another computer.

Am now unable to login to the online vault keeps telling me that the operation timed out. Check your internet connection and try again. Pretty sure my internet connection is ok as I am posting this.

Luckly I had backed up my passwords. Is it posible for me to just go back to using the local vault and how do I do that.

Whether you can access the local vault again depends on how you installed 2013 version of 360. If you were using a local vault with the 2012, V6 of 360, and you installed 2013 over that, you may still have to option to log in to the local vault. When you go to log into your vault, see if there is a link to log into a local vault.

new ID Safe login.JPG

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
wally3218

No I don't have access to login to local vault.

I am able to login to my vault online at https://identitysafe.norton.com/home and see all my logins for my sites and am able to edit them there.

But I cannot login thru my norton toolbar Identity Safe login. How can I backup and transfer my logins back to local.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Sorry Wally,

The local vault has been removed from N360v20.  The only way you can have a local version in N360v20 is by upgrading from N360v6.

If you would like to try this,  let us know and we can give you the steps.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Contributor
wally3218

I allready am using the latest Norton 360 on both my home pc and laptop both using Windows 7 64bit

Only the Laptop will let me login to my vault from IE 9 Norton Identity safe toolbar and am able to import and export my safes dat file.

Even if I put in the wrong password at login it still comes up with time out error where my Laptop tells me to check password again.

I might have to reinstall 360 and see if that lets me login to my online safe.

peterweb

When you try to log into your vault, try clicking on Log out where it says you are logged in to your Norton Account. Then log out of Identity Safe. Then try to log in again, and see if you get the option I noted above.

When you upgraded to 2013 on the problem system, were you using a local vault?

Contributor
wally3218

[ Edited ]

Have log out of my Norton Account , cant log out of my Indentity Safe as I cant log in.

Only way I can see my safe is on the web portal.

Yes I did have a local vault before upgrading to 2013. Have backed up my log in Dat file before upgrade but now have noway of accessing it in 2013 after setting it up for online vault

Even trying to enter the wrong password to open the vault the log in just times out.

peterweb

wally3218 wrote:

Have log out of my Norton Account , cant log out of my Indentity Safe as I cant log in.

Only way I can see my safe is on the web portal.

Yes I did have a local vault before upgrading to 2013. Have backed up my log in Dat file before upgrade but now have noway of accessing it in 2013 after setting it up for online vault

Even trying to enter the wrong password to open the vault the log in just times out.

If you want to have the local vault back, it sounds like you may need to reinstall 2012 V6.

Download the Norton Removal Tool from here www.norton.com/nrt
Download the appropriate version of your N360 Standard edition or Premier edition
Uninstall your Norton product with Windows control panel.
Run the Norton Removal Tool.
Reboot.
Run the appropriate N360 installer.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Try logging into Identity Safe using the old password you had before the upgrade.

If that did not work, create a new local vault and import your Identity Safe data you saved before the upgrade.

if you wish, you can allow the upgrade again to 2013, and it should allow you to keep the local vault.

If you wish to stay with 2012 V6 for now, you can change a setting to stop the download of the new product. Click on Settings - Updates, and turn off the option to Automatic Download of New Version.

Let us know how you make out or need more information.

Contributor
wally3218

I prefer staying with 2013 is there anyway I can get my Norton Toolbar working again to open my vault.

I have no trouble opening the vault from Norton web portal. Would prefer if I can use the toolbar as its quicker than opening the web portal for my logins.

peterweb

wally3218 wrote:

I prefer staying with 2013 is there anyway I can get my Norton Toolbar working again to open my vault.

I have no trouble opening the vault from Norton web portal. Would prefer if I can use the toolbar as its quicker than opening the web portal for my logins.

Are you having trouble with the Norton Toolbar, or is it just the access to Identity Safe from the Toolbar?

Have you given up on the local vault, and you are ready to just use the online vault?