Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Corny40

What happened to all my passwords?

I just had to run the Norton uninstaller (because Nathan said so) and after everything was re-installed and working fine, I realize all of my passwords are gone from my login assistant.

Where did they go and more importantly, can I get them back?

At no point during the uninstall process was I asked if I wanted to save this information ( actually, I was never asked anything), plus I always assumed there was a record kept of that information with my Norton account.  Am I mistaken?

Thanks.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,180
Solutions: 305

Re: What happened to all my passwords?

What version of 360 were you using? Support - About.

Were you using a local or online vault for your logins?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Corny40

Honestly, I don't know. I had just updated a day or two earlier, so I would assume the most recent version?

I didn't know there was a choice.  I assumed everything was backed up online.

Thanks.

Visitor
dcjdriver

I have a very similar problem. After a reinstall, I can no longer sign in to my online vault. I get a network error or a timeout when I try to connect to the vault, but my network is working fine.

I also lost my spam settings. I am using Norton 360 on a windows XP netbook.

I am still able to get ino my online vault from my windows 7 PC, so at least I know nothing is lost.

Does anyone have a procedure to get back in?  I have seen a number of posts on this type of issue in the last day or so, so I suspect a software update mey have broken something.......thanks

Edjr60

Corny40 wrote:

At no point during the uninstall process was I asked if I wanted to save this information ( actually, I was never asked anything), plus I always assumed there was a record kept of that information with my Norton account.  Am I mistaken?

Hi Corny40,

Do you do regular backups of your vault passwords? Using the Export feature in the toolbar. Backup to a safe location in the event of an uninstall/reinstall of your Norton product.

Have you ever used the Export feature for your passwords? This should be done on a regular basis.

Ed

MarkSchon

I too was told by the non-human, Nathan, to uninstall and reinstall Norton 360 Premium on my windows 8 laptop.  Once completed, I was told to setup my Identity Safe.  Unfortunately, I get a message stating: "A network error is preventing the creation of your vault."  What's up with that"  Where are my passwords?  Why can't we talk real time with a human being at Norton???

peterweb
Kudos: 1,180
Solutions: 305

Norton is having issues with the Identity Safe servers at the moment.

See Tony's post here   http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Identity-Safe-network-issues/m-p/89267...

Keep an eye on that post for updates.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.