Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
andrewturner59

Where Is my Vault?

Where Is my Vault? Why was I not informed by popup this would happen? and How in the Seven Hells can I recover my data to load online????

I put my laptop into hibernate last night now tonight i find myself devoid of all of my login and card info with seemingly no way to recover it and with absolutely NO prompt this would happen prior to an update to the latest Norton 360.

Poor form Symantec, poor form.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Re: Where Is my Vault?

To get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system:

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Norton 360 edition (Standard / Premier / Gold) and Version ID -- Help or Support / About is where that ID is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn where n is a number.

If you have the COMCAST version of Norton 360 / Security Suite and not the normal retail version please be sure to tell us.

If you get any error messages please give the exact wording of them as well as any other background that could be helpful.

Please also say what internet browser you are using -- name and version number ...

Hugh
Contributor
andrewturner59

Regarding your last post:

Win7 Home Premium 32bit SP1

Norton 360 Premier (2012) updated to v20.2.1.22 via patch.

I did have an error message when applying the patch but I can't remember what it was now and Norton appeared to run a automatic fix on the error. Is there a way to recall it in some sort of log?

I'm thinking perhaps if I use a system retore point from before this update I can upload my vault and then upgrade to the newest version and hope that the error doesn't come up again???

Contributor
andrewturner59

Oh, lastly Firefox version 18.0.2. I used to have problems with the toolbar being removed from new versions of firefox but that was always fixed by 360 updates and NEVER made my vault contents disappear.

I was under the impression that even though 360 has now moved to online vault storage it would've been intelligent enough to at least ask if I wanted my old version vault uploaded to online to avoid this very problem.

Contributor
andrewturner59

I have just tried to use my other PC to get a copy of logins and they have disappeared too. I know for a fact that has not received an update in a few weeks. What the Hell is going on?

Plus Now my backup restoration will not accept my password.

This is now officially a farce Symantec. What the hell have you done with my data?

Contributor
andrewturner59

This is completely unacceptible in this day and age to have LOST ALL of my login data with absolutely no option to backup, restore, convert or otherwise.

Will you reimburse me if someone has taken my data? Or is able to in the future because it is lurking somewhere only a hacker can find?

Contributor
andrewturner59

If this doesn't get fixed to my satisfaction and soon you shall not be receiving anymore custom from either myself or anyone I happen to talk about this software. I will not be recommending Symantec products any further as they are increasingly becoming less and less reliable. Counter intuitive when considering updates are supposed to make things better, safer, more secure etc etc.

Contributor
andrewturner59

A reply sometime today would be nice.

Contributor
andrewturner59

I have also attem,pted to reinstall the old version of 360 from CD. Still no local vault info.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Andrew,

Thanks for the addtional information.

I would strongly suggest not doing a System Restore since it is known that this can break security programs -- not just Norton -- because the system ends up with a mix of old and new files that do not agree with what the security program has been tracking to detect malware invasion .....

Please don't do anything without some guidance from one of the gurus who knows Norton 360 and the Identity Safe vault since I am fairly certain that there is a hidden file of data that may restore what you need even in the V20/2013 version which does not provide the local vault unless installed on top of a version with it in place.

Please do not get impatient -- we are volunteers here and many of us are on different time zones -- but I'm flagging this thread for help from those with experience on this problem.

Hugh