Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
jamcat22

Xfinity Norton Security Suite and Norton Identity Safe

Hello,

I was wondering if the Norton Security Suite will ever have Norton Identity Safe's online vault features. If not, I will just uninstall Security Suite and install Identity Safe. I do know there is a workaround for this, but I don't want to have to have 2 different vaults then sync them manually.

Also, when Identity Safe becomes a paid for product, will I still be able to use it for free even if my computers do not have it installed?

yank
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 511

Re: Xfinity Norton Security Suite and Norton Identity Safe

jamcat22 wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the Norton Security Suite will ever have Norton Identity Safe's online vault features.

I have seen loaded qustions in the past, but this is a new one.  I do not believe anyone can answer that question with any certainty.  Without getting into the nitty-gritty, the reason there are parts of the N 360 missing from NSS is because of contract, marketing and other pressures.  NSS does not have online storage as part of it - so thus no online vault either.

Now prasanna_a may be able to give you more information as a Norton employee, but I am also a customer here and at Comcast and I have brought this situation up in the past and did not really get a lear answer on if it would be considered. 

You can add your suggestion on the Product Suggestion Board on this forum and see if it garners any support.

If not, I will just uninstall Security Suite and install Identity Safe. I do know there is a workaround for this, but I don't want to have to have 2 different vaults then sync them manually.

I am running Win 7 on 2 desktops (one with NIS 2012 and the other with NSS) - they can not "sync" with each other.  I also have a Vist laptop running NIS 2012 and the two NIS products "sync" very nicely.  I can use a USB drive to backup/export either my local vault or my online vault on either NIS system and then Import/Restore that data to my NSS system.  Takes less than 5 minutes and as I do not add many sig-ins - I do it roughly every two weeks or so.

I have also heard of being able to set up another dummy Norton Account in order to have an online vault available - by using the "free ID Safe program".

Also, when Identity Safe becomes a paid for product, will I still be able to use it for free even if my computers do not have it installed?

Have a look here - https://identitysafe.norton.com/?ctb_product=Norton

it states Download by October 1, 2012 and enjoy it FREE of charge.  So I would guess that might be a limiting factor.

I'm sorry if that is't much help but I hope that gives you something to go on.  The other option is to purchase either NIS or N360 which does have the capability you are seeking.

Contributor
jamcat22

Thanks for the reply.

Contributor
jamcat22

Anyone else?

Contributor
jamcat22

yank wrote:

I am running Win 7 on 2 desktops (one with NIS 2012 and the other with NSS) - they can not "sync" with each other.  I also have a Vist laptop running NIS 2012 and the two NIS products "sync" very nicely.  I can use a USB drive to backup/export either my local vault or my online vault on either NIS system and then Import/Restore that data to my NSS system.  Takes less than 5 minutes and as I do not add many sig-ins - I do it roughly every two weeks or so.

I have also heard of being able to set up another dummy Norton Account in order to have an online vault available - by using the "free ID Safe program".

Thats what I meant by manually syncing it. Also, I didn't want to do that because I add so many logins