Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
shahram

missing Norton Toolbar in Google Chrome

I have Norton Internet Security, I had to reinstal my Google Chrome, after I noted to have lost the norton toolbar; neither it is in tools>extension of google chrome, I updated Live Update and then I restarted my pc, again there was not any norton toolbar, do you have any solution to get back the norton toolbar? I do not want to uninstal and reinstal the Norton Internet Security.I would like to thank you for the attention.

dickevans

Re: missing Norton Toolbar in Google Chrome

shahram wrote:

I have Norton Internet Security, I had to reinstal my Google Chrome, after I noted to have lost the norton toolbar; neither it is in tools>extension of google chrome, I updated Live Update and then I restarted my pc, again there was not any norton toolbar, do you have any solution to get back the norton toolbar? I do not want to uninstal and reinstal the Norton Internet Security.I would like to thank you for the attention.

Welcome,

Sorry you lost your toolbar. Can you tellus which version of NIS you are running and which version of Chrome you are running?

I'm running NIS2012 and Chrome 19.0.1084.52 currently and I have the toolbar.

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
shahram

thanking you, the version of google chrome is 19.0.1084.52(the last version), and the version of norton is 19.7.1.5

Contributor
shahram

N.I.S. 2012

dickevans

shahram wrote:

thanking you, the version of google chrome is 19.0.1084.52(the last version), and the version of norton is 19.7.1.5

OK, so why can't you see your tool bar? To get the update to properly install the patch for FF13 NIS neededd a reboot. To get FF13 to recognize that Norton was again compatible might take a control panel uninstall and then a reinstall of the new version.

Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

Hi Shahram,

Follow below steps to add Norton Identity Protection plugin into chrome

1.Open NIS 2012 engine folder ( e.g.C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\<19.x.x.x>) X is the product version.

2.Go to "exts" folder and copy the chrome.crx file to  any other location

3. Open that file with WinRAR or 7Zip and extract all the contents to any folder.

4.Open Chrome and type chrome://settings/extensions in address bar

5 select  "Developer mode" using check mark  and click on "load unpacked extension"

6.Browse to the folder where you have extracted all the contents and Click OK

7.Now you will have Norton identity protection in chrome.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Senthil

Contributor
shahram

Thank you very much, I did not succeded carrying out all the above instruction, in connection with n. 5 of above instruction the "load unpacked extention"did not accepted the new folder contening "chrom.crx", however, I had to uninstal/reinstal the norton internet security in order to have norton toolbar; I used IZArc compression file to process the above instruction.