Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
emmab

norton safe web

hi, have a simple question

i have activated norton safe web (from NIS) and first 2 weaks it worked properly

then , something hapened and i have  no longer seen the evaluating pictograms when im accesing web

someone can help me with that issue?

im using IE, mozilla chrome..the pictograms dissapeared from all browsers

F4E
Kudos: 838
Solutions: 187

Re: norton safe web

Make sure your antivirus defintions are up to date and then on each browser, go into Tools/Options/Addons or something similar, and check they're all enabled. That maybe, is all you need to do. Then check that the appropriate toolbar is checked. Usually under View Tab/Toolbars in your browser.

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.5.0.19
Visitor
emmab

ty for answer

i have norton vlnerabilty protection and ofc ourse norton toolbar on mozilla

on IE i have as a plus norton identity protection

all enabled

is that all i need?

Visitor
emmab

ok thats very frustrating

i see that when i do a search using google, norton safe web is muted

when i use bing (think that was preinstaled on my computer, but i never used before) norton pictograms are there;

i have a NIS online from romtelecom and my provider doest offer any support to me, saying i have to ask for support directly from  norton company

its any difference between a norton online  product and and others?

yank
Kudos: 2,248
Solutions: 512

Hi emmab,

NIS Online is very similar to the retail version of NIS and I canunderstand why an ISP (romtelecom) does not provide support for NIS and uses the Norton Forums - I have seen the same basic ting occur with Comcast (my ISP).

In regards to your situation with Google,  there is a work around in this thread.  It is a bit confusing at first - but is explained in greater detail in posts following the inital recommendation.

Hope this answers your questions.

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

[ Edited ]

emmab wrote:

ok thats very frustrating

i see that when i do a search using google, norton safe web is muted

when i use bing (think that was preinstaled on my computer, but i never used before) norton pictograms are there;

i have a NIS online from romtelecom and my provider doest offer any support to me, saying i have to ask for support directly from  norton company

its any difference between a norton online  product and and others?

Hi emmab,

Please see here. You will find more detailed explanations in following posts on pages 3 & 4 of that same thread.

Hope it will work for you as well.

Laura

Edit: I meant pages 2 & 3, sorry.

Bot Obliterator
Rainbow_2

Rainbow_2 wrote:

Hi emmab,

Please see here. You will find more detailed explanations in following posts on pages 3 & 4 of that same thread.

_________________________________________________________________________________

@ Yank

Yank,  

I'm awfully sorry. I'd not seen your post above, not even when I edited!:smileysad:

Laura

yank
Kudos: 2,248
Solutions: 512

No problem Laura, us Gurus even trip over each other from time to time with the timing of our posts.  I did Kudo your post in hopes you would relieze there was no problem - actually - I probably should have given you credit when I referenced your post!  :smileywink:

Visitor
emmab

im using WINDOWS  8 and IE and MOZILLA

well, i  have read all the posts and followed the steps:

IE : in the "search settings", i selected "Never show instant results", NOTHING HAPENED, i changed my home page with something like https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay NOTHING HAPENED

i tryed through the search bar on IE with ggogle NOTHING AGAIN

I dont know if there is a reset button for IE because that is the only thing which worked with Mozilla: i used the reset button then i found a button called perhaps  "safe search" near to the options button (you were talked about) and i pressed something there (in the midle) then our gorgeus pictograms appeared.That button dissapeared too on all browsers (was a specific google button) and i had enough.

Conclusion: IE refuses to work with the fabulous Norton safe web

I do pay for that product and dont think someone wants to pay me for resolving such issues , i spent more than 4 hours today!!!!

In the morning, IE with BING and the fabulous NORTON SAFE WEB were working

Now, that stoped again and no pictograms there!

Visitor
emmab

ok i just noticed how to reset IE , i did it, and now i have my gorgeus pictograms on!!

I hope i dont need to reset IE every day , to make use of such a fabulous thing as norton safe web. wondering what will hapens tomorow...