Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Kaz977

"Could not load Norton Identity Safe"

Hello, i've recently bought a new computer and have used Noron and it's worked fine for 4 days then today it said i need to restart the computer so i did so. Then i went on to google chrome and it didn't have an icon, just a white sheet of paper folded at the top right, and whenever i go on to a website it always says "Could not load Norton Identity Safe" and even if i click the "x" on then it will go off until i go onto anther website/view another page on the same website and it's quite annoying. I tryed going on internet explores web-browser and it worked fine, the icon showed up and i didn't get the "Could not load Norton Identity Safe" message. However i normally use chrome so it's quite an inconvinence for me.

Anyway, what does this mean, and how can i fix it?

Edjr60

Re: "Could not load Norton Identity Safe"

Kaz977 wrote:

Hello, i've recently bought a new computer and have used Norton and it's worked fine for 4 days then today it said i need to restart the computer so i did so. Then i went on to google chrome and it didn't have an icon, just a white sheet of paper folded at the top right, and whenever i go on to a website it always says "Could not load Norton Identity Safe" and even if i click the "x" on then it will go off until i go onto anther website/view another page on the same website and it's quite annoying. I tried going on internet explores web-browser and it worked fine, the icon showed up and i didn't get the "Could not load Norton Identity Safe" message. However i normally use chrome so it's quite an inconvenience for me.

Anyway, what does this mean, and how can i fix it?

Hi Kaz977,

In Chrome this icon Blank page icon is normal. It and the other type of icons are displayed at the front of the address bar. This icon means the site isn't using SSL.

This icon Lock icon means Chrome has successfully established a secure connection with the site.

This icon alert icon means the site uses SSL, but Chrome has detected insecure content on the page.

This icon alert icon red https means the site uses SSL, but Chrome has detected either high-risk insecure content on the page or problems with the site’s certificate.

When you click any of the icons shown that appear at the front of the address bar, a drop down box will appear showing the website/page you are on. Below that will be a list of Permissions and Connections. Not your Internet Connection.

The list of Permissions will be under the left tab, the Connections under the right tab. You can adjust your Permissions in Settings. The Connections are the type of connection you have with whichever website you are on.

For a full explanation of what the Icons, Permissions, Connections and other Information mean, please Click this Link. They are laid out in an easy to understand Table/Grid type format.

Are you updated to the latest Chrome version .. 24.0.1312.52. Are you running a Norton 2013 (version 20) product. In combination with Chrome, this could be a reason for the 'Could not load Identity Safe' issue. There have been issues with the toolbar in Norton version 20, since it's release.

In your Norton product at the upper right of the Interface, run Norton Autofix to check your Norton installation. Click .. Support > Get Support. See if the scan fixes any issues.

Ed

markdg

Ed - I'm having the exact same issue, but I don't understand your response. What is the solution so that I don't get this "could not load norton identity safe" message on every site? i tried to use the norton support site, but it was not helpful.

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Hi

Please more information in this thread

Thanks,

Senthil.