11-17-2009 07:54 PM
All customers who have a valid subscription can receive this free update by launching LiveUpdate and updating all available products. This update is available in all languages, and it is compatible with all supported operating systems (Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6).
The patches are large, so it may take some time to replicate across the LiveUpdate servers around the globe. If you get a message saying there are no updates available, please wait and try again.
Thanks to everybody here on the forums who reported issues. Several of the issues fixed by this patcher were reported here first, so thanks for your input!
Below is a partial list of issues addressed by this update. This is a major release that addresses many issues, so this list is definitely only a partial listing. Please let us know your experiences with this patcher. The issues addressed by OnlineFamily.Norton are available separately as part of the Norton Safety Minder installer.
NORTON FIREWALL 4.1 FOR MAC
• Fixed an issue in Application Blocking that could potentially cause extra log entries to be written for applications.
• Fixed an issue in the Norton QuickMenu that mistakenly caused the "Disable Location Awareness" menu option to disable Connection Blocking.
• Fixed an issue that caused Norton Firewall to crash after saving Connections > View Options.
• Fixed an issue that caused crashes in Norton AntiVirus and Norton Firewall at shutdown.
• Fixed an issue that made Connection Blocking appear to turn off after locking the application.
• Fixed a kernel panic caused when using Norton Firewall to disconnect an incoming connection in Connected Users.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when the History Log was exported in the Japanese version of Norton Firewall.
• Fixed a problem that occurred when installing Norton Internet Security that caused LiveUpdate to prompt several times to update products.
• Fixed crashes related to turning off and configuring Connection Blocking.
• Fixed an issue that put two copies of the QuickMenu in menu bar after upgrading from Norton Internet Security version 3 to version 4.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the addition of new Service/Ports to Connection Blocking after resetting Defaults.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the alerts for Norton Firewall from displaying in the active space when Spaces was enabled.
• Added the ability to add a blocked application to the allow list from a menu item in the blocked application Notification dialog.
NORTON ANTIVIRUS 11.1 FOR MAC
• Norton AntiVirus 11.1 has an Italian language version.
• Fixed issue relating to repairing a virus when the manually scanned virus file has been renamed to contain HI-ASCII characters (accented characters).
• Norton AntiVirus displays an error when a scan is not completing (now closes stalled progress bar), or when the scan appears to complete very quickly, but does not actually complete the scan.
• Norton AntiVirus more clearly alerts you that Auto-Protect cannot run under 64-bit kernel mode in Snow Leopard.
• Fixed crashes occurring with Auto Disk Scan.
NORTON CONFIDENTIAL 1.3 FOR MAC
• Norton Confidential 1.3 for Mac is compatible with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
• Fixed an issue that generated alerts that "Norton Confidential is not finished scanning" when visiting certain Web sites.
• Fixed an issue that caused three top features in NCO to be listed as "Not Installed."
• Fixed issues that caused Firefox to be undetected by setup assistant (on certain Mac models).
• Fixed a false positive detection for WCID on certain Web sites in OS 10.5 (Leopard).
• Fixed an issue that prevented the Phishing Protection toolbar from appearing in Safari in OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and on OS 10.4.x (Tiger) on Safari 4.
• Fixed an issue to get Phishing Protection detection to work properly for Firefox 3.
• Fixed a problem where you needed to manually run the Firefox self repair tool after patching for Firefox 3 support to get the Firefox extension added.
• Fixed a problem where Phishing Protection did not work correctly when phishing pages were part of frames, or trusted page were embedded in frames.
• Fixed some Japanese character display issues.
• Fixed Norton Confidential application crashes that sometimes occurred after adding a file to File Guard.
• Fixed a problem that caused the Confidential Data protection status pane to display an error instead of "Enabled" when there were too many user email accounts with nonstandard ports.