Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
AntonKrasinski

Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac subscription code?

I just downloaded and installed the Norton™ Internet Security 5 trial for Mac or OS X 10.7.3. However its only for 30 day trial and I do not have a subscription code. Can anyone send me a subscription code, which they do not mind, either a reply or a private message.

Thank you.

SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Re: Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac subscription code?

Hi Anton

Welcome. Did you purchased the Norton Internet Security5 for MAC? If yes, then you can goto your Norton Account and download the Norton Product from there and install it.

Regular Contributor
EDLIU

[ Edited ]

HI,

I purchased NIS 5 For Mac today. And installed it on my OS X Lion 10.7.3.

I cannot "activate" the program using the "key" i got from my Order History.

I tried to contact the Norton Support Page, and a "STUPID" rept told me that I installed the "trial version of NIS 5 For Mac", and it CANNOT be activated after installing. He told me that I should download and install the NIS 5 For Mac from some "install links".

I remember seeing the Help Pages from Norton that It's seems to be able to activate the NIS 5 For Mac from the Installed trial version. And he told me the only way is to "Remove and Reinstalll" the program.

I do not want to remove and reinstall the NIS 5 For Mac since I just finished my installing "Triple Boot Mac". It's takes so much time. And Norton products are famous for leaving codes or small programs on the installed computers. I do not want to zero out and reinstall my entire systems(Mac, Win & Ubuntu). 

The "STUPID REPT" told me that I "ACCDENTLY DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE TRIAL VERSION OF THE PROGRAM". But It isn't shown on the "Norton Pages" or "Account Pages" the I should "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL FROM A LINK".

So anyone has any idea how I can "activate my already installed trial version of the NIS 5 For Mac"?

Thanks.

Ed

Symantec Employee
ryan_mcgann

[ Edited ]

Go to your Norton Firewall or Norton AntiVirus product, and select "About" from the product menu. Post your Current SKU, Media SKU and Family SKU. These will tell us for sure if you installed trialware or regular NIS. 

Since I am not sure which language you installed I can't say offhand what your SKU information should be, but in case you have English installed, one possible SKU is 21183204, Media SKU 21183166 and Family SKU 21182267.

The customer service rep, despite what you may think of him, is correct, in that if you installed a trialware version of NIS, you cannot activate it with the key you received when you purchased the product. The trialware product uses different activation keys than the retail product. 

Your Norton Account (which hopefully created when you installed the product) contains all your Norton software. You can re-download any product you purchasedf from your Norton Account. Go to http://www.mynortonaccount.com and login to see the list of products you have, and there will be a link to re-download the product you purchased.

Ryan McGann
Principal Software Engineer
Macintosh Products & Solutions
Symantec
Regular Contributor
EDLIU

[ Edited ]

Serial Numbers: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Current SKU: 21183235

Media SKU: 21183235

Family SKU: 21183235

End Point ID: 369529D5-C841-446D-8855-FD65B6414AF4

Why make activating the NIS 5 For Mac is difficute?

I downloaded the software from my Norton Account Page. The Rept said it was "trial version". It's didn't say I was using a "trial version" nor I should download for a link. It's confusing.

So any chance I could activate my NIS 5 For Mac?

Ed

[Edit: Masked the product serial number to conform with the Participation Guidelines & Terms of Service]

Regular Contributor
EDLIU

I downloaded the NIS 5 For Mac from the "given link" by the Norton Rept.

Don't know why Norton made it so difficult to download and activate the progam. It's just like the trial verson of the software except with an activation page. And there are still some bugs in the official realease. System crashes when running LiveUpdate. and having problems running the program.

Except all the disapointments. There are stil some questions I do not understand.

There were no words about "one should download the working version from a link" in Noron Website, and the "download button" in the Norton Account Webpages misleads people to download the "trial version of the program", which was told cannot be activated after words.

So it's pretty confusing.

Ed

Regular Contributor
EDLIU

Norton Online Chat Support Group have been so "Rude".

They "Treat Everone Like A Theaf" - "like everyone's using illegal products from Norton Company.

I contacted with the Chat Support Group again, and the rept just keep asking my about my product infos(I paid for the products, and they're not illegal copys, okay!!!).

They used to be nice and polite. Don't know why changed so much...

Ed

Symantec Employee
evadperez

[ Edited ]

Hi EDLIU,

Sorry for your trouble. I sent you a private email Monday 3/26. Did you receive it? I'm attempting to replicate your issue but I'm not having any luck. Please check for the message I sent and see my requests for info. There are some details I need in an effort to replicate your issue and fix whatever problem may exist.

I look forward to helping you with this issue.

Thanks

David

Regular Contributor
EDLIU

Okay.

Thanks by the way.

Ed

Regular Contributor
EDLIU

[ Edited ]

Hi,

They sent me a private message saying they'll help me on "activating my NIS 5 For Mac".

I replied but then there's no one helping on the subject...

So still cannot activate my program.

:(

Ed