09-04-2010 05:11 AM
I just installed OS 10.5.8, a new system software, on my computer. When booting up I get the message about the vulnerability protection. It tells me to run Live Update (which I have). It says my computer will not be protected.
I have the latest version of Norton Antivirus installed with a license that is good through January 2011.
I am not familiar with the use of the terminal, etc., and I would appreciate guidance regarding this problem.
09-06-2010 01:58 PM
Make sure you have run LiveUpdate to get the latest version of our software. You can run LiveUpdate by clicking on the Symantec logo in your menubar (the Norton QuickMenu) and then selecting "LiveUpdate -> Update everything now".
If this does not help, please follow the following instructions to get us more information.
1. Download GatherSymantecInfo.zip from:
2. Expand GatherSymantecInfo.zip using Apple’s archive utility.
3. In GatherSymantecInfo folder, double-click GatherSymantecInfo.command.
4. When prompted, enter your computer user password.
5. When prompted for a subscription key, simply press return.
6. Attach the generated SymantecInfo.txt file to your reply here on the forums.
7. If SymantecInfo.txt is too large to attach, you may attach SymantecInfo.zip instead, but you'll need to first rename it to SymantecInfo.txt (or anything with the txt extension).
Thanks and sorry for the problems.