Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Reply
Newbie
twelve
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-07-2008
Accepted Solution

AntiVirus not picking up, when I know what is happening is the work of malware/viruses.

Okay, since the night of August 5th, I've been having major problems. My computer was attacked when I opened up my email account, containing a picture sent by a friend from their cellphone.  Norton keeps blocking Trojans and whatnot, and yesterday this "Joke" virus. I can't remember the full extension. I believe the first part was either ".blu" or ".bl" and I can't remember the rest.

 

A "script error" widow appears each time I turn my machine on, stating it can't find file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt8.tmp.vbs". I've heard of things before that have done that.

 

I ran AntiVirus yesterday and it only found the usual tracking cookie from the usage of the internet.

My computer also was self-installing a "Antivirus XP 2008" which I know was not an official Microsoft software. This is due to the fact I looked in my program files and found it under this folder with a random set of numbers and letters.

 

I can tell that there is some existing problem due to the fact my "Display Properties" only have "Themes", "Apperance", and "Settings" tabs.

 

Help, please?

Regular Contributor
Cytoned
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎07-30-2008

Re: AntiVirus not picking up, when I know what is happening is the work of malware/viruses.

Hi.
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

 

First, what version of NAV/NIS are you using?
Have you attempted to perform a full system scan when in safe mode?

Regarding the "AntiVirus 2008" infection, have a read of these removal instructions.

If you can't remove it after following the above, then download MalwareBytes -- its free you don't need to pay anything. Install, update and scan with this then post back the results.

Thanks, Cytoned.
Using Norton Internet Security 2009 & Norton AntiBot.
Newbie
twelve
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-07-2008

Re: AntiVirus not picking up, when I know what is happening is the work of malware/viruses.

Hey, thanks~

 

I managed to remove everything via regedit, so I'm all good.

 

Turns out Trojan.Blusod got past my firewall. That was the source of my display property problem.

Since I was a bit ancy after that, I also looked around for Joke.Blusod, but I don't have it.